Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Israeli Baked ZIti

nameless

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 2:15 am
Someone once mentioned to me that they make baked ziti with shamenet. Does anyone have this recipe?

kakky

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:40 am
I'd like this recipe too. Sounds good.

nameless

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 3:49 am
Nobody makes something like this? I wanted to make it for dinner tonight but I may just have to make my old way if I don't get the recipe soon.

Dev80

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 4:00 am
I'm not sure this is exactly what you're looking for but I mix a container of shamenet into the tomato sauce so you get a more 'pink'er colored sauce.

I also add cottage cheese into the sauce (creamy and cheesy!) mix the noodles up with sauce and cottage cheese, top with some cheese or other and bake (sometimes covered then uncovered or just uncovered).

It's not an exact science and I don't think you really have to change the spicing too much (maybe a little more salt?) I think either way it will be yummy!

nameless

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 4:20 am
Does it make the ziti creamier or it just gives the sauce a little flavor?

Dev80

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 4:26 am
I think it gives a creamier texture, I use tomato paste and spice it myself so I think it's the tomatoes + spices that give the taste although the shomenet adds some taste but it's not super flavorful it and of itself so it's more the creaminess ... does that make sense??

nameless

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 4:07 am
Thanks Dev! I tried it last night and it came out much creamier than it usually does. I just added 1 shamenet into the sauce and it really made a big difference.

kermit the frog

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 4:25 am
which shamenet? like the sour cream? sounds good!

Sara255

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:01 am
I make it that way.. here is my recipe:
1 pound ziti, prepared al dente
1 container gvinah levana (I use the lowest fat available because of the sour cream)
1 container shamenet
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 egg
1/2 cup shredded cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp garlic powder
extra cheese for top

Mix all the ingredients with the pasta and sprinkle extra cheese on top. Bake for 25-40 minutes. Everyone always loves this recipe!! Smile
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals