Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
The Cookbook Collector by Allegra Goodman

skcomputer

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 10:05 am
I just got it from the library and read it over Shabbat Shuva. I thought it was okay - not bad and not great. In the middle it seemed to drift off into new characters, so I started wondering what was going on. I didn't feel any conclusions at the end. The Jewish connection is nice, but I thought there would be some type of revelation and there wasn't. Did I miss the point?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 14 2010, 11:21 am
I really enjoyed it. And I tend to go for mysteries, but I like her writing. I was surprised to see her compared to Jane Austen, definitely not my type, but I guess it's kind of true.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 17 2014, 11:16 am
Old thread but seeing it got so many views, I just want to say that if anyone enjoyed this, she might also like Ruth Reichl's new book, a novel, not memoir, called Delicious!

skcomputer

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 12:20 pm
Cool - thank you. Just put it on reserve at the library.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room