Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
How Do I register a .com name for myself (or business) ?

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 6:09 pm
I’m sure that you’ve been wondering about this, and the answer is very simple. If you have an idea for something, first get the name. If you don’t, someone else will and then you will eat yourself up.

A very reliable and affordable website is http://www.godaddy.com and when you put in the name that you want, they tell you if it’s available or not. If it’s available, buy it! You own it for about $8 per year. First buy it for one year. Make sure the contact information is accurate so that they can contact you when the name expires. Don’t put a PO box that you might not have in a few months from now!

Also, in the event that you ever have to prove ownership, make sure it’s really your real name there. If it’s so very private, choose a ‘private registration’ for a few extra dollars.

When checking out your purchase, just say no thanks to all the options that they offer you. you don’t need it. in the future, your web developer should be an all services provider who will guide you with what else you will need (most likely all from their own services).

I own some really cool ones, and I’ve done some really cool things with them. What about you? Hatzklocha, and happy .com’ing

rachel

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 12:57 am
This is so funny. I just finished setting up an account and then I check in here and see this post.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 10:29 am
Nothing is coincidental. So what’s the lucky name?!

withhumor

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 6:08 pm
Flaunting my names here… (come flaunt yours)

CANDYMAVEN.COM
GALPAZUSA.COM
GAL-PAZUSA.COM
GOMBOSBAKERY.COM
HOLIDAYHOMEGIFTS.COM
KOSHERDIETPLAN.COM
MACHONLPARNASA.COM
NEWYORKSITEDESIGN.COM
NYSITEDESIGN.COM
PASSOVERCLEANING.
SHUKMARKET.COM

Some are in use, some are just parked, but all of them are fabulous names, I couldn’t resist buying them!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics