Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Sheva Brachos on Shabbos

amother

Post Fri, Mar 09 2007, 8:07 am
Im making Sheva Brachos on Shabbos.. What can I serve that will look nice? taste good? And not be too much of a hassle? Also, any ideas for a nice centerpices? Its not going to be a big sheva brachos- just for a few couples, and we'll have the rest of the guys come for dessert but .. any ideas would be much appreciated!!!

shopaholic

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 7:38 pm
A regular Shabbos meal, but nicer stuff than you would usually make. Fish & salads, cholent, cold cut platters or deli roll, kugel, dessert. I know that's not much help, but there are lots of great recipes on here. If you need specific types of recipes, I'd be a better help. As for centerpieces, flowers are nice especially for Shabbos.

chocolate moose

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 7:56 pm
I only made sheva brachos twice.

Once was Shabbos afternoon and we takeh served reg. Shabobs food - fish, salad, cholent.

Another time was during the week, with a friend as cohostess, and we made two kinds of fresh rolls, chicken soup, two kinds of knishes (cabbage and poato) with sauce . . . baked chicken thighs, a fancy lukshen kugel, and a tri colored veggie kugel. a third friend supplied plain cakes for desserts. I do not remember what we drank.

southernbubby

Post Sat, Mar 10 2007, 8:35 pm
Try edible centerpieces such as trays of candy, bowls of fruit, or veggies and dip. If it is a daytime meal, use canned potatoes in the cholent to cut down on prep and make luchshon kugel which is less work than potatoe. Buy ready made kishke to put in the cholent. Also serve cold cuts. If it is a Fri night meal, put out soup croutons instead of making knaidlach. I have seen baked fish loaves turn out fine or make salmon and serve with tarter sauce. Side dishes such as corn salad and chick pea salad are quick as well as sweet potatoe pie using canned potatoes and ready made crusts. Apple crisp is fast as well as mashed potatoes. A large turkey is less work than cleaning so much chicken.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note