Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Uploading pictures not working

cheerios

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 2:53 pm
Almost every time I try to upload pictures from my Canon powershot, I get this message: "Computer lost connection to camera". I then take out the plug and stick it back in a couple of times til it works (and then many times in the middle of uploading it says "lost the connection". Is this a problem with my camera or with my computer? Who should I go to for help with this?

bashinda

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 9:50 pm
if you have another usb cable for your camera you could try to use that and see if that helps. I also have a Canon Powershot (an "ancient" SD110) and sstrangely enough the cable fits also into my palm pda so I ended up with multiple cables.

I'm far from being an expert but I'd try that first. If it is the cable that's an easy answer. I would try calling Canon and see if they can offer advice as well. Hatzlacha!

su7kids

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:32 pm
Also, check the battery level in the camera. It needs a lot of power to upload pictures, so maybe you don't have enough battery power.

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 3:23 pm
Exactly. Actually, power is first, make sure you have full power. Second thing is the cable. Third thing is the plugs in your computer, try another usb plug, this one might be worn out already!

Meema2Kids

Post Tue, Mar 06 2007, 3:26 pm
Does your camera have a memory card that you can stick into your computer (or a card reader)? I've always found that to be the easiest way to upload pics; it just looks like another drive attached to your computer.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 10:41 am
Meema2Kids wrote:
Does your camera have a memory card that you can stick into your computer (or a card reader)? I've always found that to be the easiest way to upload pics; it just looks like another drive attached to your computer.

Yeah, that's a great idea but the card reader is also usually connected to a usb cable.. what if the usb port is no good?

I have an external card reader that's connected to a usb port, and just yesterday I was uploading some pictures from the card, and it also took me a few tries till it worked..

s/times it just needs that extra push..

I couldnt use a different usb port bec. all of them are in use..

su7kids

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 12:58 pm
SevenSenses wrote:

I couldnt use a different usb port bec. all of them are in use..

You can get a little usb hub, which has one plug that goes into the computer, and comes out with 4 or 5 other usb places to plug in the camera.

I also know that my computer doesn't like it when I put a "high demanding" thing into the hub, like a camera. So I have my mouse and my monitor in there, things that don't "suck" out energy in a sudden need.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics