Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Dear Bubby (Grandma)

Motek

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 8:09 am
http://www.aish.com/family/hea.....d.asp

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 2:15 pm
That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing it, Motek. It made me miss my Bobby, who I wish I had spent more time with. She passed away over 4 1/2 years ago. I dreamed the other night that I went to wish her a happy purim and gave her a tight hug. Before she passed away, she was sick in the hospital....and at one point she was able to talk a little, she told me over the phone, "Torah is the beste schoira..." I will never forget. I wish I had more memories to savor, though.
To those of you who still have grandparents, B"H, treasure them!

miriam

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 6:09 pm
Thank you for posting that Motek. I actually got a chance to tell my grandmother everything I wanted to before she passed away. She was in the hospital and we were told she didn't have much time. She was totally awake but not really talking back. I told her everything, how much I love her and I am sorry if I ever said anything wrong. I also told her I forgave her for anything that may have come between us. She smiled and nodded the whole time. I was of course bawling but I was alone with her and it was beautiful.

The next morning I went to visit her. She was still sleeping. I thought this was a bit suspicious. She never woke up again. She went into a coma and passed away four days later.

Milk Munch

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 6:45 pm
I had almost the same thing Miriam.
My bubby was very sick so my husband and I made the trip (7 hours) to go visit her. I already had my two oldest then.
I was there by myself with her for a while. It was such a shock to see her. My last memory of her she had looked like herself, and now she was skin and bones...
She was sleeping and I just sat next to her saying tehillim (or trying to) till she woke up.
I said "Bubby, de vais ich hub der lieb, ich hub der leib..." Thats basically all I could say, but thats basically all I wanted to say. We both knew it was my goodbye.
Oy, did I cry. But I felt like when she passed away she was finally where she deserved, such a yiddishe bubby and aishes chayil.
I think of her now and hope I am giving her nachas. (especially when I sew a button- she was a seamstress).

shoy18

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 6:51 pm
when grandmother AH was very sick my mother called to tell us to come to say goodbye. All the cousins, Aunts, Uncles everyone gathered with my grandmother, it was beautiful, I remember going in to see her, and I started to cry and all she could say was "why are you crying" and I just said "I love you".
I never forget to put on slip!! she used to always complain when we didnt wear Slips!!!!!!!

Motek

Post Sun, Mar 11 2007, 1:36 pm
this is so special, so poignant:

http://www.chabad.org/magazine.....83724
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational