Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Friends Jealous about my success.....

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:12 am
I own a successful business .My friends are jealous and dont fargin.I see it on what they say..act..etc
What can I do?
Close down the business or say good bye to my "friends"?
Mod2- edited to fit with the thread topic

shayna82

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:19 am
it sounds like the kind of buisness you run dosnt sit well with them, is thta it?

if its not something out of the ordinary, I say, what is their problem. jealousy???

maybe evaluate why you are friends with them.

amother

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 10:55 am
with friends like these, who needs enemies?!

newmom

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 8:34 pm
Definitely sounds like jealousy. I guess it's time to make new friends.

Tovah

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 8:43 pm
maybe u don't treat them with respect? and make yourself sound so successful and they don't feel comfortable around u.

Yehudis2

Post Thu, Feb 22 2007, 8:44 pm
How often do you mention "my business this and my business that " to them? Are they struggling and maybe if you mention it very often it could arouse jealousy. I worked for years full time without kids and most of my friends barely knew anything about my high flying job (mind you, it didn't come with a high flying salary Confused )

Mabye before you drop them, consider that point. Good Friendships should not be reliant on similar circumstances.

and btw, what sort of business do you run? I most likely live in a different continent to you so I won't be stealing your customers! LOL

purplegirl

Post Fri, Feb 23 2007, 3:40 am
Um, I don't think you should drop your friends so fast. Maybe they just need some time to get used to it. Maybe they're feeling insecure about themselves, are thinking you may get all high and lose interest in them, or anything else - it's some internal struggle on their part. What you can do, it seems to me, is be very modest about it, try to avoid mentioning it at all costs, and give them time to come round. When they see you're still yourself, perhaps they'll settle down.

Unless this has been going on for a long time now?

withhumor

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 7:46 pm
I fargin you, okay? But I’m serious, connect yourself to people who feel confident and fulfilled enough to not ‘put you down’ to feel better about themselves. When I went into business this very male dominated field, my husband reported from shul the things the men were saying… made me hit the roof! But time passes and your realize that people DO respect you and it helps to associate yourself with positive people only. Insecure needy people will cling to you and then put you down because that makes them feel powerful. Get new friends!!! (((hugs)))

queen

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 8:04 pm
Just don't talk about what you do (or ANYTHING to do with your work) when you're with you're friends.... that should help.

withhumor

Post Sat, Feb 24 2007, 8:22 pm
Duh! If she can’t talk to them about what makes her happy and successful, then they’re not friends!

queen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 12:33 am
I don't agree w/humor..... not everything has to be spoken about. Chose to whom and when.

faigie

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:29 am
I dont know if this will apply to you, but it does apply to me, so maybe...... I keep my friends from w hen I was little, cuz they love me if I have money or not.

DefyGravity

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 10:47 am
Do you really think this post is real? I vote NO!
You think someone would even think about closing their business b/c they have silly jealous friends? I would hope not.

Tefila

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 11:01 am
Quote:
Do you really think this post is real? I vote NO!

count me in Twisted Evil

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 11:10 am
the op was obviously stating that these 2 drastic things are too extreme and nobody does that - so is looking for other advice ...

queen

Post Sun, Feb 25 2007, 1:29 pm
maybe the OP was just frustrated, but wouldn't really follow through with her 'threat?'

I though still hold it's up to the OP to just keep her lips shut about her success. The same way it's no one's business how much one's husband makes for a living, it is no ones business how busy or well the OP is doing with her own business. Never mind the concept of 'ayen hora.'

raizy

Post Wed, Mar 07 2007, 9:41 pm
well why would u close a good business bc some friends dont fargin u?

I vote u should just get new friends or keep your mouth shut when u are around your old friends . there is nothing worse then having someone talk about how well a business is going . when all the "friends" around u are drowning in debt.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I still think this op made this thread up

amother

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:12 am
I am a new Amother, and I understand what she says, I own a very succesful business and my friends sometimes seem jealous, and dropping your friends is simply not an option, I love my frineds and I understand that they could be jealous sometimes aren't we all.
When I think into as to why they may be jealous I think I can understand them they all sit hime with there little kids all day while I am out in the corp. world doing something exciting. I recently discussed it w/one of my friends and she is like you know for you its very hard physically running to work and being a mother and housewive, but for her emotionally she is drained being all day w/little kids, so yes sometimes they would like to trade spaces, but hey I would like that too sometimes.
bottom line: u dont discard friends over a differnce in lifestyle, otherwise I would be friendless.

withhumor

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 11:19 am
If you can cope with that, good for you. I simply cannot preserve that fine line, I had to give those people up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics