Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Peach cooking/what was good; what didn't turn out

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 12 2006, 3:33 pm
All of my regular food (soup, fish, chicken, tsimmes, etc.) turned out fine; but the baking is always a story!

I bought two boxes of the (Lieber's) cookie mix and they were not that good.. .........the chocolate chip ones ran all over the cookie sheet and the fudge cookies looked better but tasted really powderey.

I also bought two boxes of the Lieber's cookies (chocolate chip and oreo type) and you got like only 7 thumbnail sized cookies in the whole box!

imaamy

Post Wed, Apr 12 2006, 5:11 pm
I got the Savion brand cake mixes for the first time and they were really good! I've been noshing, ashamed to say!

shopaholic

Post Sun, Apr 16 2006, 7:04 am
SaraG - make cakes from scratch. They are easy & come out 100 times better.

My potato kugel needed more salt, but was still delicious. My roast had a bit too much lemon juice over wine, but I liked it anyway. Otherwize, for a 1st time Pesach maker, I get 2 thumbs up.

Tila

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 9:45 am
make your own!! the OU website offers alot of recipes for pesach. I have a TON (I bake for others year round inc pesach) but I use the library internet we now have a comp but no internet

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 2:10 pm
that you for bringing this thread up again !!!!!

but I am no closer to good recipes than I was last year!!!!!

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 2:33 pm
1.THE CARROT KUGELS!!!!!! They were a massive no no. Everyone hated them.
2. I'am not even going to bother with mayonnaise this year, I tried three different recipies and each time ended up with a yukky looking scrambled eggs!!!! Puke Maybe I'll smile nicely at my mother and she will make some for me!!! Wink
3. The nut loaf was even worse. Everyone took one bite and never had anymore. So that's another no no!!!
4. The apple kugal and apple charlotte was amazing.
5. I made marzipan and the kids really enjoyed it, it was a great treat for them, some of the kids also enjoyed the frozen bananas.
6. I also dried thin slices of apple and the kids enjoyed them. Basically you slice the applesreally thinly and put them on a baking tray in a thin layer and leave them in the oven on a very very low heat over night and you have dried apples.
7. The tomato Chutney that I made went down a real treat.
I could go on and on. I'am getting really excited now I love cooking for Pesach. Anyway if you want any of these recipies look at this website I love it:
http://www.shmais.com/images/c.....s.pdf

rainbow baby

Post Tue, Mar 13 2007, 2:38 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

I also bought two boxes of the Lieber's cookies (chocolate chip and oreo type) and you got like only 7 thumbnail sized cookies in the whole box!

That's one thing you are always guaranteed at Pesach time everything is really expensive and you get nothing for your money. momof3 you are right make your own cakes!!!! I really enjoy baking at Pesach time, especially when the kids come in and you turn the mixing bowl upside down on top of their head after you have wiped up the egg whites, and watch their faces. They love it!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics