Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Staying home for the first time... WHERE DO I START?!!!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:15 pm
So this is the first big year. I need help from experienced pple out there. I am extremely organized (or would like to be) so I prefer precise lists of do's and dont's and when's and how's and WHY'SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
I have three bedrooms. Two are completely chametz free and one coat closet is also done. Now, how much time do I give myself for dining room and kitchen...if I still want enough time to cook and get the clothing/mending in perfect order? All this in a relaxed organized fashion? Does it exist? Rolling Eyes Wink

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:26 pm
Are you cooking and eating all the meals at home, including sedorim?

Many Pesach cookbooks have first timer checklists on what to buy and clean, etc. I will glady fax you one that I have...just PM me your fax number.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:36 pm
Yes, get Countdown to the Seder, by the Nshei Chabad Cookbook Committee, at any of the Judaica or pesach stores.. It's great! I keep it in my (chometzdike) file and take it out around now. It's also called the Pesach Planner, or was until it was given out in revised, bound edition.

it's based on a series of workshops that Esther Blau and Yocheved Beitelman used to give to help women organize themselves in their Pesach preps. I loved those workshops, they always got me in the mood to clean, and more importantly, you will not leave anything out if you use this planner. It breaks down the weeks into a day by day system, and gives you a timetable to work with, so you can meet the Bedikas Chometz deadline with confidence......

Meema2Kids

Post Wed, Mar 14 2007, 3:46 pm
I have 4 young children and the most helpful thing for me is have a cleaning lady come a few days before pesach. By the time I'd finish cleaning the kitchen, the kids would have messed it up again so the CL is indispensible.

I have cleaning, shopping and menu lists that I update every year. The cleaning list is all scheduled with when each task needs to be done, by who and what come before/after something else. If you pm me with your email address I can send it to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics