Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help planning a trip to Orlando this January

amother

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 1:12 pm
We would like to take a family trip to Orlando this January. Can anyone suggest the best way to get a good deal/package? Also my DH would prefer to go for 4 days. I think thats a little short. I'd appreciate some feedback on that as well as anything else that might enhance the trip. Thanks!

self-actualization

Post Thu, Aug 14 2014, 1:22 pm
Last year, the midweek flights on JetBlue were pretty cheap. This would mean that you would be there longer than 4 days and you would need to be there over a Shabbos.

If you can get good flights from Sunday through Wednesday or Mon-Thurs, then you could do the 4 day option. I personally do not think that's too short, because the theme parks are expensive so you would want to do theme parks for 2-3 days tops (let's say 2 days Disney related and one day LegoLand or Sea World). Sounds like a pretty ideal trip to me.

Beauticianista

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 12:11 pm
Check Jetblue vacations packages for flights + hotel since you can sometimes get a great deal there (use code "thankyou" for extra $50 off a package online)

I think Sunday - Thursday/Fri morning is more than enough.

amother

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 4:59 pm
We went this past year with a combined jetblue/hotel package for three days... We had to leave back from orlando at 6 am we were exhausted but that was only option... I would book flights seperately and get a villa with a villa with a private pool bec they r really cheap there. Best parks are epcot and animal kingdom. Disneyworlds great for kids but just a glorified park for adults. Was never a fan of mgm. Make sure u have a day inbetween parks to relax amd unwond bec it is exhausting! You will walk miles. Lucky for u there are very little lines at that time which is a huge advantage! But bring a sweater at night it gets cold! For food we bought meats and a grill with us in our luggage. We made bagels, wraps and sandwiches in parks

KeepCalm

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:14 pm
Get a disney pass. It will allow you to have access to Epcot, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood studio and Animal Kingdom. Get a map of the park BEFORE you go and decide the night before exactly where you are going to go and when. There are shuttles from park to park and from many hotels to the parks. PM me for deets on which attractions are a must-see.

mfb

Post Fri, Aug 15 2014, 5:31 pm
I also say to stay at a villa. There at least you have place to sit.. Without everyone being in each others hair. They also have private pools (you might want to make sure that they are fenced with a privacy fence and no overlooking homes)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics