Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Zatila - YUMMY!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 5:59 pm
They are totally yummy. They are delicious with the shredded turkey.

Raw

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 7:11 pm
Has anyone tried freezing these with the fillings already inside? Does it still taste good?

imaima

Post Fri, Feb 22 2013, 4:30 am
I made them with a fleishig filling: ground meat browned with tomato sauce in a pan, like for spaghetti bolognese. Dh loved it!!

solo

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 9:14 am
Iade these last night with half whole wheat. Delish.
I've also successfully frozen the dough by rolling out the rounds. Spraying with Pam and stacking them. This way they can be easily separated and filled once defrosted.

smss

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 9:41 am
solo wrote:
Iade these last night with half whole wheat. Delish.
I've also successfully frozen the dough by rolling out the rounds. Spraying with Pam and stacking them. This way they can be easily separated and filled once defrosted.

I've made them with 100% whole wheat, and they were not hard to roll out, and delicious!

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Jul 09 2013, 4:06 pm
That is brilliant idea-to freeze the dough already rolled out! I froze my leftover dough in one big lump and will have to deal with rolling it when I defrost it. Sad

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:14 am
It's that time of year again...time to bump this up!

Roots

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:08 am
looks easy enough and yummy. ill try it for supper tonight:)

Roots

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:00 pm
WOW this was amazing!!!!
absolutely delicious!

fillings I used:
1) cottage cheese and yellow cheese mixture with some zaatar and crushed red pepper - this was exceptionally delicious
2)sauted onion with tomatoe and shamenet chamutz (sour cream)
3)sauted onion and grilled red pepper with yellow cheese some s&p and cumin

heavenly!!
and I loved the baking in the pan Smile

mha3484

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:09 pm
Okay time to get a dairy cast iron pan. I am assuming my regular frying pan is not heavy enough.

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:42 pm
mha3484 wrote:
Okay time to get a dairy cast iron pan. I am assuming my regular frying pan is not heavy enough.

why not? I use regular all the time...

Fiveboyz

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:54 pm
Looks so interesting and only got rave reviews! I like the fact that it can be halved. Also did anyone ever try using a mixture of ricotta and mozzarella cheese?

questioner

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:31 pm
These are really good!
Question - after making a few, the frying pan got really hot. Subsequent zatillas cooked on the outside really fast and the cheese still wasn't melted inside. I tried running cold water over the pot in between, but it took a long time. Are there other ideas?

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:36 pm
questioner wrote:
These are really good!
Question - after making a few, the frying pan got really hot. Subsequent zatillas cooked on the outside really fast and the cheese still wasn't melted inside. I tried running cold water over the pot in between, but it took a long time. Are there other ideas?

I've never had that happen before (and I usually make a double batch), but maybe you can try lowering the flame when that starts happening. It won't hurt to cook them on a slightly lower flame.

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:53 pm
Glad you bumped!

jayne

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 7:10 pm
my very picky kids liked it! Hooray. I filled theirs with mozzarella and ketchup. The ones I made for the older crowd had sauteed broccoli and mozzarella. I made some too think and they were doughy. A lesson learned.

sunny90

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 1:41 pm
This looks so so good. I'm trying them on Sunday and will post how they came out!
The different filling idea is great for my picky kids Smile

Shopmiami49

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 3:36 pm
One of my kids had such an interesting idea for a filling and it was actually amazing - it's incredible what these little kids can come up with!! He suggested leftover mac and cheese with sauce or ketchup, depending on preference. It was sooo good!

I also did a Greek inspired one with feta cheese, pesto, sliced black olives, purple onion, and tomato. That was also really good.

mha3484

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 1:28 pm
Mine failed miserably. Is 3 tbsp yeast correct? The dough was so wet and sticky that it was impossible to roll out and fold over.

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Aug 18 2014, 3:29 pm
oy...I'm sorry! I have added up to one cup of flour if neccessary. Yeast amount is correct.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals