Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
NY Area - to dream the impossible dream
Previous  1  2  3

MillerFamily

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 4:43 pm
Why is Elizabeth definetly no good? what didnt you like?

My husband and I lived in Elizabeth / hillside for a few years and we did not feel like it was for us, but then we looked at the other side of elizabeth, and we found that it is completely different. we ended up buying a 6 bedroom house there for under $275K and we couldnt be happier. it has a very heimishe feel to it without being too yeshivish. AND IT IS NOT SNOBBY. if you want more info PM me or check out the website:

JEC Elmora Shul

Last edited by MillerFamily on Tue, Oct 25 2011, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rodent

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 6:54 pm
This is a women's only board, why is someone with a wife posting on here?????

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 7:04 pm
Rodent wrote:
This is a women's only board, why is someone with a wife posting on here?????

The user-name suggests that the entire family joined Imamother. Idea

amother

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 7:58 pm
MillerFamily wrote:
Why is Elizabeth definetly no good? what didnt you like?

My husband and I lived in Elizabeth / hillside for a few years and we did not feel like it was for us, but then we looked at the other side of elizabeth, and we found that it is completely different. we ended up buying a 6 bedroom house there for under $275K and we couldnt be happier. it has a very heimishe feel to it without being too yeshivish. AND IT IS NOT SNOBBY. if you want more info PM me or check out the website:

JEC Elmora Shul

OP here. I do not mean in any way to insult where you live (and truly hope you will not be offended). Perhaps your neighborhood differs from what I have seen, but my DH is very particular about the "look" of a neighborhood. He gets depressed very easily by surroundings that are not up to his standards aesthetically. We have driven through Elizabeth and he vetoed it immediately. He found the commercial area in Elizabeth to be depressing and run down, and he found the look of the houses to be not what he wants.

I tried to include this in a non-offensive way in my original post by saying that we only are interested in a "pretty" area. Obviously different strokes for different folks, but I think I would have an extremely depressed and angry DH if we lived in Elizabeth, even if everything else was literally perfect. I don't feel as strongly as he does, but his name's going on the deed, too. It narrows our choices a lot, but I can only play the hand I am given, so to speak.

MillerFamily

Post Tue, Oct 25 2011, 9:44 pm
Dear OP,

first of all, dont worry, I am not offended at all. I understand what you mean, and on the whole, elizabeth is not such a pretty area. and if it isnt up to your standards, then ok. but for your sake, I want to make you are as completely aware as possible. the area of elizabeth where the frum people live is actually very nice. if yu click on the link below, it is a google map showing the area where the frum people live. do a street view and you can easily take another look at the houses here. if you need any help checking it out PM me and I would be glad to help.

too often people make uninformed decisions. I have no problem if elizabeth isnt for you, but you should at least be as informed as possible.

also, there is no other place where you can get such a deal for under 3k a month

here is the link to the map (use google chrome or firefox, internet explorer doesnt work so well)
Google maps Elizabeth frum area

amother

Post Sat, Nov 12 2011, 9:54 pm
You may want to look in to Linden NJ. It's a small growing community that I believe gives monetary incentives for people to move and it's modern orthodox.

tinker-belle

Post Sun, Dec 04 2011, 6:59 pm
Just responded to another thread in this forum about Fair Lawn, NJ with lots of details. It seems to meet all your criteria! Smile

Hakol Letovah

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 6:46 pm
Wesley Hills, Monsey, Highland Park, Teaneck

Happy18

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 7:08 pm
This is an old thread.

nyer1

Post Sun, Feb 03 2013, 9:01 pm
another vote for kew gardens hills

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:17 pm
This came up in a list of similar threads. OP here. We moved to Teaneck in the end and we love it! We chose a more mixed neighborhood (ie not West Englewood) and it has a great mix of people and isn't snobby at all. It's a rough commute for my DH - the bus is so unpredictable and there are always inexplicable traffic jams - but otherwise we're very happy. Smile

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 8:27 pm
Are you near the country club area? It is a warm and inviting neighborhood.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating