Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Cleaning shirts for Pesach what do you do?

rainbow baby

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:29 pm
Do you clean all the pockets of shirts? I asked dh and he was not sure he said maybe because they have been throu the wash no animal is going to want to eat any chomatz that is inside them. I'am really not sure what to do because with dh and three boys I literally have hundreds of shirts and to go through all those it will take loads of precious hours that I do not have. So what do you all do and what is expected of us in this area?

southernbubby

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 4:37 pm
Wash and dry the shirts. I also wash all the washable coats and check pockets and either dry clean or dryel woolen coats unless they look really clean. I don't see why you would have more than 40 shirts for one husband and 3 boys, though. That is one shirt per day plus one extra for each seder.

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 5:27 pm
We take a folding clothes rack and do 1 closet at a time,. we roll it outside and brush and vacuum the pockets, the pant hems and the coat pockets. It takes about 15 minutes each closet. The shirts take a minute each. I do the kids shirts before I put them into the machine on the last load before pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics