Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Place to buy kosher phones - family plan preferred

ESLevi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 5:10 pm
I'd like to get two of my children kosher phones. The only place I've found that sells them so far is Lakewood Beepers, but they aren't really set up for sales over the phone, and since I don't live there, I can't go down to the store in person. They also don't offer a family plan so I would have to purchase 2 different plans which gets pretty expensive.

Is there another place I can call? Does anyone have more than one kosher phone on a family plan? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

kb

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 5:34 pm
Why don't you just disable internet through the phone company?

ESLevi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:19 pm
I'd rather not have texting either, just voice calls.
Also, kids can be very resourceful and it's not hard to turn the Internet back on - not that I don't trust them, but why give them the temptation?
I could install a filter but then why pay for something I'm not using?

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:28 pm
ESLevi wrote:
I'd rather not have texting either, just voice calls.
Also, kids can be very resourceful and it's not hard to turn the Internet back on - not that I don't trust them, but why give them the temptation?
I could install a filter but then why pay for something I'm not using?

so why not just go to any verizon or ATT store and get plain mobile phones, not smart phones, no texting plan?

kb

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:39 pm
Many moons ago, when I was just a kid at home, I had a cell phone with Verizon. (I actually took care of this part, but a parent could do it too, of course) Verizon disabled all media and texting on my phone. The camera worked, and I was able to make and receive phone calls. That's it.

Call your provider and find out if they offer non-data plans altogether. (Just checked verizon. 1 line, 700 minutes, unlimited texting, no data is $35 a month.

I wouldn't want to pay for a kosher phone if I could get a comparable one for free from the company.

Last edited by kb on Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 10:44 pm
metropcs has $25/month unlimited talk and text. No internet.

ESLevi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:00 pm
The phone itself is free.
The service is $30 a month for unlimited minutes, so it is cheaper than any plan I could get at Verizon and I wouldn't have to start disabling stuff.
But I would like a family plan, if possible, to save a little more $$ and not have to pay two activation fees. Plus one child really doesn't need unlimited minutes (boy vs. girl :-))

I'll look into metropcs, thanks!

ESLevi

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:14 pm
I couldn't find that $25 plan at metropcs - the cheapest plan was $40.
I did see the Verizon option for $35, but that's a prepaid so no family plan available there either.

So far the kosher phone plan for $30 is still the cheapest option. I'm OK with that price, but I would like to find somewhere else to purchase it, as that store seems to be the sort of place where it's best to go in person -- which I can't do as I live in another state.

So, if anyone knows of another place that offers kosher phones, I would like to check out what they have to offer.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Aug 27 2014, 11:52 pm
Yes, they don't advertise the $25 plan on the site, but if you go into the store they definitely have it. I use it.

ESLevi

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 2:51 pm
Quote:
if you go into the store they definitely have it. I use it.

Oh, OK! I will check it out then. They have a few stores near my neighborhood.

madel

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:27 pm
There is a Kosher cell phone store in Lakewood, NJ that sells all kinds of kosher phones ranging from basic flip, slider, and now they carry two new kosher smartphones without any internet. The store is called KoTech and they have a website "KoTechllc.com". They also ship out of state. The number is 732-523-1736.

chams

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 11:22 am
I can't get through to this place. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a place in Lakewood, with a phone number, to get a phone without internet for my daughter.
Thank you

cnc

Post Mon, Aug 20 2018, 12:38 pm
Sprint has an unlimited Talk and Text option for $15 a month. No contract is required but you need to purchase the phone. Perhaps they can disable the texting.

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 3:55 pm
I know this is an old thread, but we're trying to buy a kosher phone and for some reason I can't get any info as to where to buy one??

Any ideas? I'm in Lakewood.

chams

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:01 pm
We used Kosher Cell in Lakewood for my daughter.
The address is 5 Capital Ln, Lakewood, NJ 08701
Their phone number is (848) 299-4081

Mommyg8

Post Wed, Feb 13 2019, 4:46 pm
chams wrote:
We used Kosher Cell in Lakewood for my daughter.
The address is 5 Capital Ln, Lakewood, NJ 08701
Their phone number is (848) 299-4081

Thank you! Really appreciate it!

Dayzmom

Post Wed, Sep 04 2019, 8:12 am
Looking to buy a kosher cell smartphone second hand for my son in Yeshiva. I can’t fathom paying $400 for a used refurbished iPhone but I do want him connected on WhatsApp (which the Yeshiva allows).

Anyone want to sell theirs?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics