Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Spinoff of TTI - Community College or Online?

amother

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 9:19 pm
I live in NYS. The closest SUNY is too far from me. Which option would you say is rather worth it: a local community college or an online SUNY college? Which credits would have more value and more likely be transferable?

Maya

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 11:33 pm
Aren't SUNYs also community colleges?

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 11:38 pm
Maya wrote:

Community colleges grant AA degrees (associates). SUNY are "state university of NY" which means they not only grant BAs, they also have certain graduate degrees as well.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Aug 20 2014, 11:40 pm
Maya wrote:

No. A community college is usually a two year program that gets you partway to a bachelor's degree (they do offer associate's or other diplomas). You would have to transfer to another school to finish the degree.

OP why don't you post your location and get input on which schools nearby would be best for you? NYS is very large.

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 12:03 am
For accounting, Berkeley College offers and online program:

http://berkeleycollege.edu/aca.....4.htm

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 25 2016, 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

chaiz

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 4:22 am
I would do online SUNY as the name on the degree would be a SUNY school and I do not think it would necessarily mention the online part. But you also have to think if that is the type of environment that would help you learn best. Sometimes it would be better off going to a lesser school because you would learn that much better.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 4:47 pm
If I start off with the community college, eventually I'd transfer anyway. But I don't know now where I would transfer to. I may end up completing my degree online anyway. I'm just trying to figure out where it would be better for me to start out.

Is there benefit to taking any courses at a community college rather than online SUNY?

mille

Post Thu, Aug 21 2014, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:

Is there benefit to taking any courses at a community college rather than online SUNY?

Price. Community college tends to be cheaper than four year universities. I saved $15,000 by going to community college and getting my associate's compared to doing all 4 years at an in-state university.

amother

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 7:57 pm
Which suny offers degrees online??

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Aug 28 2014, 8:19 pm
Check out their website.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics