Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Cheder D'Monsey

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:08 pm
What's Cheder D'Monsey like? Crowd? Rebbeim? etc.
And what are the other yeshivish, kollel family boys' schools options?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:18 pm
I think it's a mix of all kinds. Other options that I know of are Bais Dovid for more heimish kollel types, and Bais Mikroh, real litvish.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:
I think it's a mix of all kinds. Other options that I know of are Bais Dovid for more heimish kollel types, and Bais Mikroh, real litvish.

Both of these yeshivas have a hitting policy. Just incase you want to know....

Cheder D'Monsey parent body is simular to the new bais yakov.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 03 2014, 10:54 pm
amother wrote:
Both of these yeshivas have a hitting policy. Just incase you want to know....

Cheder D'Monsey parent body is simular to the new bais yakov.

I live in Monsey, so I DO know. My son attends one of those yeshivas, and has never been hit, nor has he ever come home with a story of someone else being hit. I know people who send to Cheder D'Monsey, and it's a very diverse parent body.

Maya

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:03 am
Bais Mikroh is famous for their hitting.

Isn't Cheder D'Monsey a Chabad school?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:10 am
I have three brothers who either have gone through bais monroe or there right now. They dont really hit and stopped abt 10-15 years ago. None of them have ever been hit nor their friends.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:49 am
Cheder D'Monsey (not Cheder Chabad, that's a different school) is a wonderful option for a very yeshivish/kollel family. I would say it is slightly more yeshivish than Bais Mikroh. The main 'diversity' I saw there was in the different kollelim the fathers learned in or yeshivos they were rebbbeim in. Only 2 out of 20 of the fathers of one class I am aware of had non "Klei Kodesh" jobs. (I am trying to figure out how the school is managing with obviously so few able to pay full tuition but that's another story)

gold21

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 12:49 am
I think it's Cheder D'Rockland? Maybe I made that up.
Well, anyways, I don't know much about it, except the clientele is more yeshivish type.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 04 2014, 1:06 am
amother wrote:
I have three brothers who either have gone through bais monroe or there right now. They dont really hit and stopped abt 10-15 years ago. None of them have ever been hit nor their friends.

I agree with you that the hitting stopped years ago. I spoke to a woman who son was hit the and she told me that she was called first before her son was hit to give her permission.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:22 pm
It's very yassivish litvish nothing chassidish related. Referring to cheider d monsey

libadmin

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:29 am
Can anyone elaborate on the secular studies? Is it similar to Yeshiva of Spring Valley or less academic?

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:33 am
My son is in bais Mikroh. I am not yeshivish. They do not hit. BH my son is enjoying school and they are working amazingly with giving him extra help.

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:34 am
Maya wrote:
Bais Mikroh is famous for their hitting.

Isn't Cheder D'Monsey a Chabad school?

And so is Bais Dovid. A father told me he walked into their building for an interview. Say a man hitting a child. He walked out and never looked back.

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 11:37 am
Cheder DMonsey is a pretty youngish yeshivish crowd. It is a difficult cheder to get into though. So I'm here to wish you good luck! Smile

libadmin

Post Tue, Nov 12 2019, 12:01 pm
Thanks- I have heard that so I am want to get a handle on their secular studies before even bothering to apply. Do you know anyone who sends that I can contact? You can PM me.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 7:37 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
And so is Bais Dovid. A father told me he walked into their building for an interview. Say a man hitting a child. He walked out and never looked back.

So where did he go next?

balibusta

Post Sat, Nov 23 2019, 11:10 pm
Is it “ritsey”?

rebotzinjr

Post Wed, May 05 2021, 11:16 am
bumping this......
anyone have any info on secular studies? size of classes?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics