Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Finding stuff while cleaning...

Mint Chocolate

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 6:53 pm
What is the coolest/most surprising/gross thing you found so far?

Me: A $20 Bill Smile

My Nshei CHabad magasine from two years ago I swore my husband lost embarrassed

SouthernShalom

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 7:19 pm
A sippy cup that belonged to DD....she is now 7. We have heating and air vents that are in the floor. They collect all kinds of chametz so I vaccume them out well. Well one of them always seemed to have less air coming out than the rest so I stuck the hose was down there and sucked up a sippy cup. She quit using that at about 2&1/2 years old obviously I wasn't cleaning them well enough. shock

ny_ima

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 7:37 pm
my S.S. card! It was lost for 2 years and was found with the outgrown toys! I guess I wasn't as thorough last Pesach!

shanie5

Post Sat, Mar 17 2007, 8:27 pm
WARNING_REALLY GROSS!!!!!!!

my sons hamster had escaped months before this. I was cleaning in the room where the hamster cages are kept. as I was doing the closet, I found what I at first took to be a dirty daiper squished into the corner 1/2 under a bucket w/ stored clothing. a closer look revealed fur. it was a daiper w/ a flattened dead hamster attached. no idea exactly what happened but, eewwwwwww!!!!!

withhumor

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 8:19 am
The poor hamper went to the diaper for comfort, and met its maker, oy!

It’s not officially pesach by us until we all find money somewhere, it’s the best part!

NotInNJMommy

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 11:44 am
I found almost an entire room (what with all the stuff I got rid of while cleaning!)...

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 6:08 pm
I found... out that I'm getting good at getting prepared for Pesach. I'm working on the kitchen now and have quite a few cabinets clear and ready. Very Happy

I found... out that I'm competent and organized and can manage a big job like Pesach cleaning and prep with simcha instead of stress. Lady

I found... out that throwing things away and making seder in my home brings me shalom. Sunny

Ruchel

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 11:26 am
a dead bee, ewwwwwwwww
make up much too old to use (like from 2002)
old food ( Puke ) b'h dh took care of it

chen

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 12:13 pm
Not interesting, but...I found the envelope for a tzedokoh that gives out Moos Chittim in our community. Yesterday I sat down to write tzedokoh checks and looked through my stack of envelopes for davko this one...nowhere to be found. Found it later in a pile of papers that had been set aside "for immediate action"...several weeks ago. embarrassed

dr pepper

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 12:18 pm
I cleaned out a closet last night and found a notepad from a couple of years ago. in it, I had written a list of names to consider for my first dd.

it turns out we didn't use any of the names on that list for her, and the third name crossed out apparently wasn't good enough for her, but we had ended up using it for her younger sister.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics