Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
HOW GET OUT STAINS FROM WHITE SHIRTS??

quacker

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:04 pm
please help me out here,

Dh's shirts have oil stains which isn't coming out from wash machine I already tried shout but it doesn't help

please advise thanks I appreciate

Kitten

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:08 pm
Remove the stains with regular soap before you put the shirts in the machine.

rachel6543

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:11 pm
Have you tried using Oxiclean and baking soda? I find that helps with many stains. Also, if it's a white, try using bleach. I had a random stain on a white skirt and it came out after 2-3 washes if using bleach, Oxiclean and baking soda together.

quacker

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:11 pm
Thanks Kitten, but how do I just wash out with soap? talking of oil stains not just dirt stains

Kitten

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:16 pm
quacker wrote:
Thanks Kitten, but how do I just wash out with soap? talking of oil stains not just dirt stains

Wet the stained area, scrub for a minute with a lot of soap (real ordinary cheap bar soap) and the stain should be gone. Then you just need to put the shirt in the machine. There is no need for these expensive supposedly magical products that tell you just spray and the stain disappears. It rarely works like this.
Soap removes oil.

quacker

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:18 pm
How do you use it with baking soda and oxiclean ? are u talking of the powder oxiclean? soak it?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:24 pm
I take a bucket to the bathtub and put in like 1/2 C of oxiclean powder. I turn the water on to as hot as it gets and add that to the oxiclean, and let it dissolve till it's nice and bubbly. Add the shirts, and then cold water so the shirts are submerged.

Leave it like that overnight or longer (but not too long) until the stains come out. Wash as you normally do.

I did this to DD's uniform shirts, and you would think I bought her new ones. The water turned grey.

kb

Post Fri, Sep 05 2014, 12:53 pm
For oil stains, cover with palmolive dish soap, rub it in until it is absorbed in the material, and put back in the hamper. Wash as usual. (I had an expensive tshirt that got splashed when I was frying shnitzel, and this worked... it did take a few rounds to make the stain disappear completely.)

bamba

Post Sat, Sep 06 2014, 5:11 pm
My mother always says: Pour on to the stain some washing detergent and leave for a while then wash as normal.
Usually helps.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry