Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
The Most Original, interesting MM this year?

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:21 am
What did you get that was either the most original, interesting or classy Mishloach Manos this year?

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:29 am
The most original were the ones that had such good stuff in it, it didn’t last a minute before it was eaten. I can’t stand those professional ones that are glue-gunned to the core, you can’t even begin to attack it.

Mishie

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:34 am
My favorite this year was from my very good friend - The most delicious Blintzes and Ice-Coffee. Loved it!!!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:38 am
The best MM I received was from my MIL. She put in foods that I like and made such delicious whole-wheat hamantashen!

Themes are cute, but don't necessarily consist of such good food. I'm more interested in receiving something good than getting something with a poem and food items that are somehow linked together.

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 11:42 am
My cousin gave us a homemade cheesecake & New Square Chocolate milk - yum!

gold21

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 12:02 pm
salami sandwiches with coleslaw and pickles

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 12:05 pm
My grandmother was the cutest. She made cucumber salad (hand sliced with love) to all her married einiklach!

Basya

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 12:15 pm
A 4 section container with different fresh vegetables and a small container of dip. Perfect to eat in the car instead of all the Junk!

yersp

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 12:44 pm
My daughter was a boy and my son was a girl, so I bought pink & blue bags and just filled it up with cake that I baked and just some nosh. Nothing much. The cutest thing about switching them was because everyone thought my son was really a girl.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:04 pm
Jarred sauce and dry spice mixture native to the country that the person is from – South Africa!

shopaholic

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 1:12 pm
Oh! Another one - Their kids were Mickey & Minnie Mouse & they put a bottle of wine (I don't think there's any connection), a gouda cheese that they covered the label with their own that had Mickey & Minnie on, one of those huge colorful lollipops that has Mickey & Minnie on the wrapper.

Raisin

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:34 pm
no one is really into themes where I live...I appreciated the ones with good food (mangos, nuts, milk chocolate cappuchino fingers) one guy always delivers early in the day some breakfasty type things - pareve pudding for us, which is nice to have.

I got some nice containers though. A cute purim themed bucket with lid (the woman who gave it to me is from ny and was just there) and a tin.

Defy can I have the reciope for whole wheat hamantashen?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:39 pm
I'll try and get it from my MIL.

avigayil

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:45 pm
A family in our area gave out soup and the kids were all dressed as waiters and waitresses. Real restraunt checks were attached to the bags listing the waht the main things in thw soup were and at the total section at the bottom, it said 'Parve'. Very cute.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 4:52 pm
We got a lottery ticket a part of one MM!

amother

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 5:49 pm
-Milk & cookies
-Hawaiian theme with dried fruits, berry juice, and seashell shaped chocolates
-"hot" theme with hotwheels car, jalapeno peppers, bbq chips, etc...

But the best one was:
A UPS box (like regular brown box) filled with real popcorn and inside was a deli sandwich, coke, mustard and ketchup packets, pickle, and potato salad. I was so happy to have regular food to eat!

GAMZu

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 6:03 pm
Best one- wafer, bottle of water and tchatchkes for the kids.
2nd best- a 3 section tray (not disposable) filled with dried fruits and nuts.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Mar 05 2007, 6:06 pm
I got a very cute one - but a little elaborate IMO.
It was a salami, 2 rolls, 2 cans coke, a ketchup and mustard bottle, bag of chips.

I gave a beer and a container of nuts. And to some I gave a bottle of Moscato and a tray of strawberries.

mumoo

Post Mon, Mar 19 2007, 10:03 pm
When one of dd's classmates came to deliver a mm to her, the mother came up and brought mine: a tuna sandwich with a cup of hot tomato soup-lunch for the mommy who was staying home and preparing for the suedah. Thoughtful and yummy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics