Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Dd in seminary doesn't have boots

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 8:16 pm
I didn't have money before she left to buy her boots. What do I do now? Is it too expensive to buy in Israel?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 9:38 pm
Anybody?

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 9:57 pm
I personally did not have boots in seminary and I was fine. There are plenty of shoe stores in all price ranges in Israel if you decide she needs boots though.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 10:20 pm
I went to seminary 13 years ago but no one brought boots, that I can recall.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 10:27 pm
dont know if you mean rain boots or fashion boots but I went to sem 6 yrs ago and didnt haave either kind

spring13

Post Tue, Sep 16 2014, 10:40 pm
I got a pair of waterproof yet fashionable ones in Israel for a decent price. They held up for a few years. I was glad to have something that kept my feet dry in the winter! If she feels like she needs, she can get them there, don't worry.

Shoshie

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 12:18 am
I used my rainboots frequently when I was in Israel two years ago. Obviously it just depends on whether it's a rainy year.

Consider ordering from Aliexpress, since many items have free shipping to Israel. I recommend that website to all my friends who have family in Israel. Change "Ship to" in the upper right hand corner of the home page to "Israel." I typed in "women's rainboots;" added a maximum price of $25; clicked "Free Shipping;" and got over 800 listings.

It does take awhile for the items to get there, but the rainy season hasn't started yet.

etky

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 12:48 am
Be'h forecasts are for a very rainy winter this year so rain boots would be a good idea.
They are available in many shoe stores and are not expensive. The cheaper ones are under 100 shekel. However, they are a seasonal item and AFAIK have not yet 'hit the racks'. They will probably put in a first appearance after the chagim (or before sukkot, since the chagim are late this year).
If it snows, as it did last year, waterproof boots are a must.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 1:24 am
Don't worry. They sell boots in Israel Smile

Dev80

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 3:01 am
Yes she can definitely get boots here - regular 'fake leather' boots that are in the 100-150 shekel range that are semi waterproof, rubber rainboots that come in all colors/styles, and fake ugg warm boots. She can go into town (Ben Yehuda/King George) and find a good selection. They may not last more than the year or two but she can definitely buy here after the Chagim.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 17 2014, 6:51 am
Dev80 wrote:
Yes she can definitely get boots here - regular 'fake leather' boots that are in the 100-150 shekel range that are semi waterproof, rubber rainboots that come in all colors/styles, and fake ugg warm boots. She can go into town (Ben Yehuda/King George) and find a good selection. They may not last more than the year or two but she can definitely buy here after the Chagim.

Thanks everybody. I will tell her to go to Ben yehuda and king George after the chagim.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics