Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Food / Meals for Erev Pesach

queen

Post Tue, Mar 20 2007, 11:46 pm
What do you serve/or have around for your family to eat (and nash on) erev pesach..... when you can't eat chometz anymore, and can't eat matza either?

BeershevaBubby

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:33 am
non-gebrochts cakes and kugels!!

shalhevet

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 3:20 am
Bananas!

Mishie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 4:51 am
We're still eating Chametz in the house, this week.
Towards the end of next week, I guess I'll be stocking up on Pesach Cookies, also: Rice-crackers, Bamba etc... to nosh on.
and, you can still have the usual chicken, hot-dogs, fruits and veggies.

When we were growing up, my Mom always had (for the few days before Pesach, and also Erev Yom-Tov) a pot of Potatoes and Sweet-potatoes to have with Cottage-cheese and Sour-cream.
And, a pot of boiled-eggs.
Very filling and nutritious!!!!

cl

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 9:22 am
from next week until biur chametz we will eat chametz in the garden. On erev pesach itself we dont eat eggs or apples or anythign else that is on the seder plate so we are severely limited so we fill-up on macaroons an other store bought nosh that we dont eat on pesach itself.

sweet potato with cheese sounds like a great idea.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:15 am
Chances are you will have some chicken from the chicken soup hanging around, so we always make a chicken salad from that chicken (mix with mayo and sauteed onions etc).

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:27 am
we like to nosh on potatoe chips and cheese ... and sponge cake ... and bananas too!
I could see not eating matza - but why starve till shaking ... not a good thing ...

Tova Kay

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:30 am
My mother always served meatloaf / cold cuts & potato salads - delicious & very filling!!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:33 am
we have eaten ALL of the above!

shoy18

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:51 pm
My mother makes Kugelach, if you eat gebraks, we only eat them erev yom tov as matza farfel is not from handmade matza. I dont know the recipe but you soak the matza farfel in water and add hot oil eggs and spices, and bake in muffin tins YUM and filling!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 2:56 pm
We eat salad and gefilte fish and fruit during the afternoon. As a little kid I thought gefilte fish could only be eaten on Pesach because that was the only time during the year my mom would serve it!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 3:00 pm
I'll eat what I usually do - plums, string cheese, for lunch I'll eat some of the food that I've prepared for pesach.

iamawife

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 3:10 pm
fruits basicly

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 3:58 pm
shoy18 wrote:
My mother makes Kugelach, if you eat gebraks, we only eat them erev yom tov as matza farfel is not from handmade matza. I dont know the recipe but you soak the matza farfel in water and add hot oil eggs and spices, and bake in muffin tins YUM and filling!

my mother makes "kichelach" - matzo meal mixed into some egg w/milk and deep fried then we shake in a bag of sugar ... delicious ...

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 4:07 pm
We don't eat anything with matzo meal on erev pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 5:01 pm
Only, is that a custom in your family or is that a halacha? I'm pretty sure a personis allowed to.

sarahd

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 5:46 pm
Lunch - mashed potatoes with sour cream, cottage cheese, yogurt

Snack - potato kugel, falshe fish, hard boiled eggs, Pesach cake and cookies, salads.

withhumor

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 6:15 pm
Potato kugel, a humongous batch of fruit salad, apple pie, and latkes. Basically, erev yom tov we all try to nap. The kids get gefilta fish so they’re full. Also, me make a huge salad of Romaine lettuce, cucumbers, purple onion, avocado…

shoy18

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 6:17 pm
I think we eat it because when its cooked its not in the form of matza and we dont eat that kind of matza once peasch starts.

mimsy7420

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 10:07 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Only, is that a custom in your family or is that a halacha? I'm pretty sure a personis allowed to.

I thought it was halacha - but maybe its a minhag.

We don't eat any matza after purim and nothing with matza meal on erev pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics