Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Freezing food for pesach

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:38 pm
If my kitchen is completely chometz, but I am getting all the food kosher le pesach tomorrow, how can I distribute it, re pack it (it comes bulk) free of chometz contamination??

On the table, with a new plastic table cover (the disposable one from a new box) and packing in ziplocs, new box, etc. sounds good, practical?

I don't have handsoap kosher le pesach yet....

Any ideas or tips?

bashinda

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:50 pm
good question. I don't know myself. I was thinking of cleaning the freezer early and getting meat and fish but I want to get the bones out of the salmon and individually wrap them beforehand and pluck the chickens. Where do I do that? The bathroom? my bedroom? yuck!

amother

Post Wed, Mar 21 2007, 11:52 pm
do you think my idea could work then?

bashinda

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:05 am
It's possible although I think I will just order everything a week from today when IY"H I turn over the kitchen... I'm too much of the nervous type although I'm curious if someone more experienced has ideas...

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 12:50 am
I think it makes sense to do that, but I would ask a Rov that.

I usually make my orders for after I turn over the kitchen. It makes it so much easier

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:15 am
I have a friend who does this:

take a large chometz free area nd spread a few towels or a disposable tablecloth for a work station.

Raisin

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:19 am
Store it in a bedroom (yours or a guestroom) till Pesach.

bashinda

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 10:38 am
Raisin wrote:
Store it in a bedroom (yours or a guestroom) till Pesach.

I'm doing that for the non perishables but I think she was talking about meat and fish. Unless you have a cleaned out fridge you keep in your bedroom?

The idea cm mentioned could work. You find the clean non chometzdik corner. the thing is you still need a sink to wash your hands if you're messing about with the chicken or fish. If you don't want to deal with the pin feathers or bones respectively you can follow cm's plan, wearing disposable gloves. I would first pre cut/tear lots of plastic wrap or whatever you're using to wrap the food so you have enough already and don't have to go back and forth then quickly then put them in your prepared fridge or freezer. Throw away gloves and you don't even have to wash your hands afterwards. Voila!

SZ mother

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 8:25 pm
I did it!!!
Cleaned deeeeeeply the freezer, on my balcony, put it back to place, open 2 plastic table covers and open all the boxes and put away in ziploc bags...

a shame I din't read the replies before, good idea about the gloves, but...I kept washing without soap and using a loooootttt of paper towels to close the water, other pice to dry my hand, etc...
It worked out anyway...

Very important, to cover or lock the freezer....we are so used to open everytime that I could unintentionally put challah in!

Pesach Kosher v'sameach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics