Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Kashering the Oven
Previous  1  2

Do you or don't you?
Kasher oven  
 68%  [ 24 ]
Have regular-size Pesach oven  
 11%  [ 4 ]
Use mini pesach oven  
 20%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

mimivan

Post Thu, Mar 22 2007, 11:27 pm
I have a mini oven that is not so mini. In fact, I can put a very large pan in there and feed around 8 people, if I need to.

Look for more stove top recipes, too.

cindy324

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 11:30 am
Before I had a sef cleaning oven, I used to use one of those aluminium oven inserts. OMG, what a pain, literally! I used to burn my wrist or forearm every single Pesach.

Coke Slurpee

Post Fri, Mar 23 2007, 12:26 pm
We clean the oven very well with easy off and then leave the oven on the highest temp. for about 3 hours. We were told not to blow torch the oven because it will break it.

cl

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 5:34 pm
it was a Lubavitch Rabbi who advised me not to kasher my oven and I have read in other places that some people say u can which is why I made this poll...
pesach is very confusing... especially as DH is not Lubav from birth but thru marriage!
im not sure if the counter-top oven I have is convection or toaster cos its my mother's old one - I gotta check, I know it has 2 electric rings on top.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 6:27 pm
We don't kasher our oven. I have two gas rings which take about twice as long to cook anything as my usual gas rings and a parev toaster oven. While I was cooking yesterday I was already getting nervous just thinking about making Shabbos next week (I am planning to cook Pesachdik).

One thing which really helped was that last year I bought a slow cooker. Since it plugs into electricity it gives me another cooking option so I can get the main course done while I have the soup and something else on the gas.

For baking I mostly make things like brownies which can be cut into squares. If you make biscuits which you can get about 8 onto the toaster oven tray it can take you half a day to make a quantity for a whole family. Confused

Raisin

Post Sat, Mar 24 2007, 6:46 pm
cl, it sounds like you have a baby belling, I have one too. If you do, be aware that you cannot use the oven and both rings at the same time, only one ring will work.

You should be fine...I cooked for a lot more ppl than that using my baby belling.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics