Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Herbs for Kids??

downsyndrome

Post Sun, Mar 25 2007, 10:40 am
My daughter is on a cocktail 3X daily of several products by Herbs for Kids. It is very important that she continue to take them through Pesach. They are not discussed/listed at all in Rabbi Blumenkrantz's zt'l book. Does anybody know anything about the Pesach kashrus of herbal remedies?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:11 pm
are they bulk herbs?

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:36 pm
Liquid in little bottles. She gets them by the dropperful. I have sent this question to the OU, so far no response.

withhumor

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:39 pm
I walked into Zahler’s to ask about Pantothenic Acid Liquid, they said ‘we do not research any of our products for pesach”. Duh! I guess for a refuah, I WILL be giving it to my kids, if they get sick ch”v.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 3:40 pm
I think that they are preserved in alcohol and from what I read, are not usually used on Pesach.

downsyndrome

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:14 pm
You have to know which alcohol you/they are referring to. Many alcohols do NOT have wheat bases in them and therefore are not chometz.
One year my son was taking a very necessary medication and the rav told me that it has alcohol. I was devastated! I called up the drug company and spoke to one of their chemists and it turned out that it was a non-wheat-related alcohol. I called back the rov and told him and he thanked me and said the RX was okay.

southernbubby

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 4:47 pm
Is the company able to give you that information and also what type of factory it is processed in?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics