Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Weather forum

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 8:00 am
cloudy with a ton of snow ... so much for a fall wedding Pale

I don't have time to hibernate just yet

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 9:34 am
Is this winter supposed to be as cold as last year?

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 11:05 am
Hey, fall has natural disasters and serious weather too. Anything can happen any time.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 11:49 am
The last three nights here it has been around 28 degrees. It is not supposed to get that cold so early in Seattle! We don't usually get temps below freezing until Late January or early February.

What's up with global warming, and where can I sign up for some? Shaking Brrrrrrrrr!

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 12:00 pm
I think I'm having flashback from last year's polar vortex

the snow is around 6" - nothing to brush off [or should we say something]

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 12:03 pm
greenfire wrote:
I think I'm having flashback from last year's polar vortex

the snow is around 6" - nothing to brush off [or should we say something]

I want snow! It's so pretty, and it makes me want to bake cookies and a big pot of soup. Hot chocolate, anyone? coffee

And no, it's not the same thing as just having cold weather. I hate being cold, but snow totally makes up for it. Cold without snow is pointless.

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 12:10 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I want snow! ...Cold without snow is pointless.

Did you know that... Many fruit trees need a good amount of cold weather in order to fruit.

And a cold winter is often followed by a cool summer. Maybe that's not such a great thing in Seattle, but here in Baltimore, it's a real bracha.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:06 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
I want snow! It's so pretty, and it makes me want to bake cookies and a big pot of soup. Hot chocolate, anyone? coffee

And no, it's not the same thing as just having cold weather. I hate being cold, but snow totally makes up for it. Cold without snow is pointless.

I like the cold, but not the snow. If I want snow I'll take a trip to the mountains!

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:07 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Is this winter supposed to be as cold as last year?

According to the meteorologists, it is expected to be colder and wetter which means a lot more snow and ice. .. We'll see how that plays out.

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 2:09 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
The last three nights here it has been around 28 degrees. It is not supposed to get that cold so early in Seattle! We don't usually get temps below freezing until Late January or early February.

What's up with global warming, and where can I sign up for some? Shaking Brrrrrrrrr!

Scientifically speaking, global warming would account for colder than normal temperatures. It has to do with the melting of the ice and its impact on the seas and weather patterns. I don't think that global warming means the end of Earth as we know it, but I do know that many people will sadly lose their homes, jobs, and be hungry. As a frum Jew I don't believe that the Earth and its civilization will come to and end. Even scientifically I do not believe that. Anyways, I know that your comment wasn't really about scientific global warming, simply a joke about your cold brrrr predicament.

MrsDash

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 3:03 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
Scientifically speaking, global warming would account for colder than normal temperatures. It has to do with the melting of the ice and its impact on the seas and weather patterns. I don't think that global warming means the end of Earth as we know it, but I do know that many people will sadly lose their homes, jobs, and be hungry. As a frum Jew I don't believe that the Earth and its civilization will come to and end. Even scientifically I do not believe that. Anyways, I know that your comment wasn't really about scientific global warming, simply a joke about your cold brrrr predicament.

According to Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson, "Don't worry, Earth will survive climate change — We won't." Perhaps when mashiach comes, Hashem will reverse all the damage we've done to good ol mother earth. Smile

yo'ma

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 3:28 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
According to the meteorologists, it is expected to be colder and wetter which means a lot more snow and ice. .. We'll see how that plays out.

No!!!!! Crying Crying
I plan on being in NY in the winter. I'm leaving the humid summer for freezing winter. I don't like the cold. I was hoping not for the same as last year. At least I heard it was bad because I wasn't there.

kb

Post Fri, Nov 14 2014, 4:50 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

Depends how MUCH snow. And if you have to shovel out your car!

imasoftov

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 12:14 pm
Yeah, I would be just totally overawed if most of humanity dies but Moshiach comes to the handful of survivors. That would be so great.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 12:26 pm
Never understood why in America snow obligates you to certain foods and games. I would be very inconvenienced to have to deal with snow AND that. The few days we're snowed in we keep our day as normal as possible

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Nov 15 2014, 9:31 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Never understood why in America snow obligates you to certain foods and games. I would be very inconvenienced to have to deal with snow AND that. The few days we're snowed in we keep our day as normal as possible

Well, you can't go sledding without snow ;-)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics