Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Birthday gift ideas for 4-year-old

amother

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 1:56 pm
I've been asked what my 4-year-old wants for her birthday. A specific price range was not given but I'd assume the target is in the under-$20 range. We have a lot of stuff, plenty of toys and games and puzzles and lego and clics and play dough and crayons and markers and whatever. I can't imagine more stuff entering our lives, though if there's something we don't have that 4-year-olds like I could maybe see room for it since we do have much younger-kid toys and games to grow into but not really sure what kids this age do that they didn't do last year.

I thought of asking for a magazine subscription because I've seen that suggested and seems like a nice idea, but on the other hand my mother gets Binah and Mishpacha weekly and gives the junior sections to my kids, so while they might ALSO enjoy Highlights or something it's not like they're lacking periodicals in our life.

Gifter is not so frum but if we asked for a specific Jewish book or CD she would probably be happy to procure it; she just wouldn't really know on her own what's good. I would not mind some more kid-friendly CD's as long as they're not headache-inducing for adults. However I'm a little concerned that Jewish media is a bit of a sticker shocker... I don't want to ask too much because this relative really tries to get what the kids want and I don't want to be too demanding. Unsure.

sky

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 2:24 pm
Target has nice dolls - our Generation brand. they are on sale now for about $22.

Arts and Craft set, like one of these: Perler beads, modeling clay, good markers, Stickers.

Watch (might be a little young)

Puzzles

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Nov 21 2014, 2:30 pm
From what I see in the schools, many girls that age enjoy everything related to dressing up and pretend play.

Also crafts types of things- jewelry making, sand art, paint by number, etc.

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 6:46 pm
pretty princess game.you put on jewelry as you play. my boys also enjoyed it (took some pics to tease them later in life)

amother

Post Sat, Nov 22 2014, 10:28 pm
I got my niece something that her 4 year old sister was pretty jealous off so maybe it's a good idea for your daughter. It's a booklet from Millisa and Doug that has a few pages of rooms in a house like kitchen, living room etc and a few sheets of removable stickers to set up the scenes. I got it at Amazon for about $5 and it kept the kids busy for a while.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics