Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Bedwetting in Stages

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 8:44 am
Has anyone's child ever wet the bed in stages? ie. go for months at a time dry, and then have a week or two wetting each night, and then the months go by dry, and then a week or two of wetting, and over and over?

Common sense tells me something traumatic would be happening to cause him to wet his bed, but I don't see anything causing this.

Is he trained or not? Confused Should I work on training him for good? Confused

su7kids

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:36 am
I don't know how one trains for night time dryness. In our family, it just "evolved".

If its happening now, do you think it could be the "trauma" of Pesach? Some kids just don't do well with change and things being out of the ordinary. What some people just "go with the flow" about, these kids may "create a flow" at night! (oops, that was a pun that evolved itself, sorry!).

Sometimes when you suppress something during the day, it manifests at night.

I don't know if that is an answer, but its a thought! Confused

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 11:58 am
Quote:
What some people just "go with the flow" about, these kids may "create a flow" at night! (oops, that was a pun that evolved itself, sorry!).

That's funny. LOL LOL

I have no idea why this is happening now, I doubt Pesach has anything to do with it.

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:00 pm
I'd think it has more to do with eating (drinking) and wc habits during the day

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:03 pm
poelmamosh, out of curiousity, what makes you say that? I can't imagine they change that much from one day to the next.

poelmamosh

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:08 pm
you said for a week at a time at different intervals -like maybe school vacation, weather change, recent cold/virus chv...

creativemom

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:12 pm
If you dont see anything causing it than your hunch could be right. It could just be a stage. To go a few months dry and then a week or two having some trouble I think is totally normal. I asked the same question to our pediatrician and he said thats what most kids do. Eventually children will outgrow bedwetting at night around 5. Personally I just make sure that during the day they have it down pat and the night time just works itself out over time.

gryp

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 12:25 pm
poelmamosh, I'll think about that. but if it was such an obvious change, I would realize what was going on.

creativemom, I didn't know many kids do that. I thought once they learn to wake up to go to the bathroom, the bedwetting is over. truth is, since he was trained (over a year ago) he never really woke up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom until just recently in the past few weeks. that's when I thought he was finally fully trained for nighttime. and then this week he started wetting out of the blue. I think the last time he had his week of bedwetting was in January, and before that Sukkos time, and before that I can't remember. all we really did to avoid it was take him in the middle of the night around 12, and he would be fine until morning. and then he would be back to being dry.

anyway, I'll make him go to the bathroom more often during the day and see what happens.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 2:07 pm
also don't give him to drink after a certain time like earlier maybe 6:00 and yes before you go to bed take him to bathroom and maybe he just sees you're busy with pesach ...

micki

Post Wed, Mar 28 2007, 7:26 pm
by us it goes with the weather- I f its hot they drink more pish more.
input output
simple
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training