Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anyone use Pomona Pediatrics

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 4:50 pm
Hi,
Anyone uses Pomona Pediatrics? Someone recommended them, and want to hear more...

Thanks!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 8:12 pm
bump

purpleink

Post Thu, Oct 02 2014, 10:18 pm
I use them- they are all really great. I use Dr. Hackell for well visits. He knows his stuff. My kids are young and the docs and nurses are friendly, play doctor with their dolls, etc to make them feel comfortable. Greenberg is a sweet cheery older man, he's ALWAYS there, a bit more traditional than the others (I.e. I find him a bit quicker to give out antibiotics). Weissman is friendly and knowledgeable. They all give you time with them, welcome questions, and are pretty accommodating. I am not sure about the others- never used them. I really have no complaints about them. Short waiting time, clean, modern, kid friendly. Let me know if you have specific questions.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 1:29 pm
Thanks Purpleink, I just saw your response now. I've been using Hillcrest Pediatrics/Dr. Gorelick's group, but have not been so happy.... Pomona Pediatrics came recommended by Echo, so I figured maybe I'll try them. Do you feel like you get individual attention, or that it's a factory...? Are they patient and understanding? How are they after hours? Could you reach a doctor on call easily? Thanks so much, I really appreciate your help.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 4:02 pm
Anyone else have anything to add?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 23 2014, 5:37 pm
I used them a long time and was very unhappy not that anything happened but didn't have good vibes from the office or doctors.
I switched to hillcrest medical and I have been so happy. All the staff are so pleasant and nice and they try and go out of their way to help. The doctors I have used are very nice and great with the kids.

purpleink

Post Wed, Nov 26 2014, 1:43 pm
Yes, there is definitely individual attention. I never feel rushed and the doctors welcome any questions. I usually go to PM Pediatrics by Target after hours but I did call once and Dr Hackell called me back shortly after. I am moving out of Monsey and leaving this group- I had a great experience and hope the next pediatrician I find is as good.

mirrorimage

Post Tue, Aug 30 2016, 12:17 am
I'm currently looking into Pomona Pediatrics as well; anybody has a more recent experience they can share? Any input would be much appreciated. TIA.

amother
Babyblue

Post Mon, Nov 28 2016, 12:38 pm
Anyone else use Pomona Pediatrics and have any information to share?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 2:37 pm
I know this is an old thread, but here's my experience. Pomona Pediatrics was amazing for us one time, one not so great, and one time a near-disaster. I found they handle after-hour calls poorly.

First the good. My baby was having difficulty breathing and was "barking" (it was a severe croup), and they said bring her right away. They gave her a steroid shot and she right away cleared up. I'm convinced that saved her life because she could barely breath.

The not so great one is when my son had a fever of 106 and was hallucinating. I called and they said put him in a lukewarm bath to bring down his temperature. In retrospect, he could have had meningitis and I should have taken him to the ER. I think they should have advised me so.

Now the near disaster. My 3-year-old was laying on the couch and barely responding to me. She had been sick with the flu, but not this bad. She had been having diarrhea that day as well. I called Pomona Pediatrics and told the doctor her symptoms, and the doctor literally said to me, "What do you want me to do about it!" I still remember like it was yesterday. There was a blizzard going on in Monsey and I packed up my daughter and slowly drove her to the ER. Turns out she had pneumonia and was severely dehydrated. She ended up being in the hospital 3 days. I think she might have died of dehydration had I not taken her to the ER. That doctor really blew it.

I switched practices after that and no longer recommend Pomona Pediatrics.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Mar 21 2019, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:
I know this is an old thread, but here's my experience. Pomona Pediatrics was amazing for us one time, one not so great, and one time a near-disaster. I found they handle after-hour calls poorly.

First the good. My baby was having difficulty breathing and was "barking" (it was a severe croup), and they said bring her right away. They gave her a steroid shot and she right away cleared up. I'm convinced that saved her life because she could barely breath.

The not so great one is when my son had a fever of 106 and was hallucinating. I called and they said put him in a lukewarm bath to bring down his temperature. In retrospect, he could have had meningitis and I should have taken him to the ER. I think they should have advised me so.

Now the near disaster. My 3-year-old was laying on the couch and barely responding to me. She had been sick with the flu, but not this bad. She had been having diarrhea that day as well. I called Pomona Pediatrics and told the doctor her symptoms, and the doctor literally said to me, "What do you want me to do about it!" I still remember like it was yesterday. There was a blizzard going on in Monsey and I packed up my daughter and slowly drove her to the ER. Turns out she had pneumonia and was severely dehydrated. She ended up being in the hospital 3 days. I think she might have died of dehydration had I not taken her to the ER. That doctor really blew it.

I switched practices after that and no longer recommend Pomona Pediatrics.

Don't know anything about pomona but good for you trusting your instincts. I had a similar story with a diff ped in my city and switch peds
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics