Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Removing Cradle Cap WITHOUT Removing Hair Along With It???

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:26 am
Is there a way to remove cradle cap without losing hair along with it?

She had such beautiful hair but now when I removed her cradle cap so much hair came along with it. She has less hair now Sad

Lady Bug

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:49 am
How bad is it? My baby had a little and it got covered by his hair so I just left it alone. Eventually, it came off on its own, without any hair.

acemom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:54 am
How ARE you removing it?

IME, if I rubbed a few drops of baby oil onto the scalp before the bath, it came off easily when I washed the baby's hair/head. Never noticed a change in hair "density".

sneakermom

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 11:55 am
I used to shmear Vaseline on it after a bath and gently come it out. I don't remember much hair loss.

Zehava

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:06 pm
MY son Had a bad case and yes most of his hair came off with it but it came back fast and thick!

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:51 pm
The more you oil it, the less hair should come out, but there will still be some coming out. It grows back. If the cradle cap is not terrible you can just leave it alone, it's probably healthier that way in most cases. But that's just my feeling, not medical or anything. I just don't feel there's that much to gain by picking flakes off a baby's delicate skin and leaving it all raw underneath.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:56 pm
I don't remember baby losing hair when I removed cradle cap.

Smear the baby's head with baby oil and let it sit on it for a while to soften the cradle cap. Then take a comb and gently comb the dry skin off the baby's head. Do this until all the flakes are off the scalp. Follow this with a good shampooing in the bath and moisturize with baby oil.

It's really gross when you do it, but it works and baby's head will look and smell good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics