Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
AHHH! My house is no where close to ready...

amother

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 5:10 am
Ok, I know it's a little late for this, but I have such bad morning (= all day) sickness, I just can't get anything done. DH has been trying to help me all week, but he has many other things he needs to get done on his end. I stayed home from work a few days this week just because I felt so sick. But instead of cleaning, I was in bed sleeping and throwing up. The house is maybe 25% ready for Pesach! I don't know how it's all going to get done. This is my first pergnancy and I had no idea how debilitating morning sickness could be.

HindaRochel

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 5:31 am
Concentrate on the kitchen.
And talk to a Rav about what the minimum you need to do. You don't want to become ill or chas v'shalom have difficulties.

I would just close off my cabinets, rather than clean them out. And if your dh can, get two large toaster ovens, meat and dairy naturally, and a portable, electric stove top. Then you just need to vacuum out the chametz from stove and oven, and the fridge.

Hugs

ssbarnes

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 6:41 am
Last year I couldn't finish the house due to complications from surgery. I "sold" some of the rooms of the house along with the chametz. Speak to your Rav.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 7:47 am
one year I was so sick (can't remember - think I had surgery ...) anyway ... my sister came from out of town and speedy gonzales ... cleaned the whole house in like a day and a half ... that was amazing ...

what I have done is to focus on kitchen cause that is where all the food is going to be ... get your H to do fridge and oven and rest will be handleable ... maybe ... refuah shelaima and GOOD LUCK!!! It always works out in the end ... even if it's just good enough ...

shalhevet

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 8:04 am
Tell dh to cancel absolutely everything on Sunday. He can do the minimum in the kitchen and living room on Motzai Shabbos and Sunday. Clean fridge, kitchen closets with food in them, counter tops, floor, sofas, tables and chairs. Shop for food.
Close up all the other kitchen closets and sell them (they should only have clean keilim in them anyway). Sell your oven and buy a toaster oven/ gas range or both. Sell any closets in the house you think have chometz in (if you're a young couple bedroom closets etc should be chometz free anyway).
If you're home for seder/ yom tov buy as much ready food as you can.

Refuah Shleima and hatzlocho!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics