Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Pesach at the office

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:02 am
Is your office cleaned for Pesach? How do you manage your own easting beforehand?

Basya

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:15 am
My boss told me that he is selling the office but he does not sell chometz - so I emptied out his stash of cereal, oatmeal, yoghurt etc. (I never really leave food around here) But my boss said he will be coming in on chol hamoed- can u do that if it is sold???

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:33 am
how could you empty his stuff? ... didn't he mind - I should think you only have to worry about oneself ... so long as you don't own or eat chometz ... it's his issue

Basya

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:37 am
I know- I did it as a favor to him- he wanted me to.

greenfire

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:39 am
oh ... lucky he was accomodating ... some guys are not ... when I worked in manhattan office ... I just took all pesach off ... but so did the bosses and the non-jews would tell us what they were doing for passover vacation ... it was funny ...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:51 am
I dont' know what that means - selling the office but not selling chometz. Is he doing a heter iska and selling the business for yomtov and shabbos?

Basya

Post Fri, Mar 30 2007, 11:56 am
I have no clue- the whole thing sounds wierd to me- but I am just the secretary so I do what I am told and dont ask questions- I wont be in over yom tov so its not a problem for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics