Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Is the Miracle Blanket really miraculous?

Jughead

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 11:35 pm
Is the Miracle Blanket really so great? How is it different than any other swaddling blanket?

seeker

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:49 am
Wasn't miraculous for me. It has extra wrappage so stays closed and more snugly than a regular receiving blanket. But no matter how gently I tried all the wrapping always disturbed my baby anyway.

I much prefer the Swaddle-me's with velcro closures made by Kiddopotamus (which possibly changed/merged to a different brand name, mine were secondhand and this is what I found when looking for a replacement but don't remember what they're called now)

However I do have a used miracle blanket you can have cheap if you want to try it anyway ;-)

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 8:24 am
Eh. regualr swaddling blanket works just fine.

asp40

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 8:31 am
YES - it was truly a miracle. I have babies with awful colic, and overall just unpleasant dispositions as babies. With my 4th I bought the miracle blanket when he was 3 months old because I was desperate to try anything. No joke, I wrapped him and he took his fist nap ever without me holding him and walking around. Amazing invention for us.

scrltfr

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 9:09 am
asp40 wrote:
YES - it was truly a miracle. I have babies with awful colic, and overall just unpleasant dispositions as babies. With my 4th I bought the miracle blanket when he was 3 months old because I was desperate to try anything. No joke, I wrapped him and he took his fist nap ever without me holding him and walking around. Amazing invention for us.

US too! I thought he'd never get out of it!

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 9:31 am
I use swaddle me blankets, never tried the miracle blanket. I definitive prefer swaddle me to wrapping my own, which never had the same effect.

smss

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 10:08 am
was an absolute miracle with my first and I was never able to get a swaddle right with a regular swaddle blanket or with the swaddle me's. my second hated it...

studying_torah

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 1:00 pm
All my kids despise swaddling and scream and fight till I take their arms/hands out but then they startle themselves awake w waving their hands. It's tough

marina

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 2:07 pm
my sister swears by it

The Happy Wife

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 3:40 pm
It was the only swaddle my baby couldn't escape from. Once he was wrapped up, he slept well for the first time ever. Truly a miracle.

Jughead

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 4:31 am
thanks for all the replies!
after a difficult Shabbos, with baby still only sleeping as long as he was held and fighting his way out of every swaddle, I think I'm going to try it. IAC, they have free shipping this week, plus a money-back guarantee - I don't have much to lose.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics