Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bklyn furniture stores for Quality DR furniture

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 12:38 pm
I need either a complete DR set or table and chairs to match a breakfront I have.

I've been told that many stores sell Chinese furniture as Italian.

1-Who is honest and offers quality at good prices?

2-What determines quality- How do you become a Maven?

Cookies n Cream

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 12:42 pm
I was very happy with Stern's furniture.
The thing is, it is very heavy. My husband says that means that the wood is cheaper quality. Don't know if that's true or not...

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 12:49 pm
TGI Furniture. Hands down.
Our family has been using them for years and they have top customer service.
Their products are great quality, and they tell you the truth about where it came from. They won't be afraid to tell you that a certain company makes their products in China but that their stuff is top notch. Or vice versa.

Nikki

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 12:57 pm
Do research before you buy any set from any stores. Most stores in BP sell both Chinese and Italian. There is better Chinese and there is bad Chinese but the that is only to the outside eye. The problem with Chinese furniture is that the inside material is a cheaper wood, it is not a solid wood so in the long run it won't last as long. Good quality furniture should be only solid wood everywhere and the Chinese wood is not as good so if it's Chinese even if it looks good today it won't last as long as a good Italian set. The thing is that many, many BP stores are saying it's Italian and it's really Chinese and it is really very, very hard to tell the difference in some of them you really have to study furniture to see the difference. The problem is that many stores now are bringing in an Italian set to their showroom and telling you I promise you that this is Italian and they will point to their set but what they do is copy that set on the floor and remake it in China but they still will charge you Italian prices. That wouldn't bother me if they would be honest and tell you it's Chinese and you pay China prices but to pay top dollar for garbage is inexcusable. One furniture store even told me that a Rav gave him permission to lie because he gets the handles in Italy so he is allowed to say that it's made in Italy because the handles are from there.

Also I know someone who is a masgiach in China for a heimishe food company and he said that there is a street and an area in China called Italy so therefore they are allowed to say Made in Italy because that is what they named that area.

Just do your research. Ask the furniture store that you are shopping in for the company and for the furniture's stores website so this way you can check it out and email the company yourself to see that the store actually ordered from them.

There are little things that you can tell if you start researching like what kind of handles are used to open and close the drawers and things like that.

Some stores in BP are known for lying more than others I just don't want to outright say names of strores that have a great name but for sure lies so ask around and you will be surprised at what people tell you.

Good luck.

Mevater

Post Wed, Feb 24 2010, 2:28 pm
PM me please if you'd rather not mention stores names, but which stores are thought to be the more honest of them?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:50 pm
Bumping this threads for store names. I'm NOT asking about the Chinese/Italian question. I just want names of stores in Brooklyn that sell high quality dining room furniture. Jewish stores that would have large tables, etc.

Stores that I am aware of are Sterns, Taubus, Loefflers.

A big plus is a store that will ship out of town or arrange for shipping.

TIA.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 08 2014, 8:56 pm
I see I already answered a few years ago. The answer is the same. TGI has only quality pieces and they stand by their products with customer service. If they don't have what you want you can order it from them through catalogs and they will stand by the furniture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries