Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Concern about overuse of amother

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:38 pm
Quote:
Please do not use amother to post things which are not private or personal. If you want to post something anonymously that is not obviously private, please mention briefly your reason for anonymity in order to avoid criticism for over-use of amother.

Amother here.

I don't feel this statement is fair.

This site is one big popularity contest.

I am amother because I know that nobody likes me and nobody will read my post if I post under my SN.

monseychick

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:42 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Please do not use amother to post things which are not private or personal. If you want to post something anonymously that is not obviously private, please mention briefly your reason for anonymity in order to avoid criticism for over-use of amother.

Amother here.

I am amother because I know that nobody likes me and nobody will read my post if I post under my SN.

Self esteem issues .....much Smile

I find that using amother just destroys your credibility and first reduces the number of readers..

tryinghard

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:43 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

Amother here.

Unless you are a prolific poster, it's unlikely that everybody knows who you are and will avoid your posts. Anyways, generally speaking, people read posts as long as they are not long and rambling. Even if it's just to tell you how dumb your comment is LOL
Besides, if nobody likes you, you can change that by making friends with posters - but you cannot do that anonymously...

Unless, of course nobody likes you because you are FS shock

Last edited by tryinghard on Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

sequoia

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:46 pm
If this site is one big popularity contest, I have not been made aware of it.

Try being yourself...

pumpernickle

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:52 pm
Its interesting that your saying that, I really never felt like that here. You can choose where you want to comment and you dont have to jump into posts that are on fire. Do you feel that irl too?

marina

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:54 pm
I agree with OP. I very often think that my point would be better accepted if I posted anonymously. People, at least some, see my username and start screaming and tearing out their hair. They sometimes don't even bother reading what I wrote.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 7:56 pm
Different amother here, just the opposite, I get a lot of 'likes' and sometimes use amother for the post to be judged on its own merit rather than get 'liked' just because I wrote it. And like lots of other people I sometimes post as amother because I just had the same discussion w/ family or friends. I may not be the only person in the whole country looking for a gluten-free challah recipe, but as we've seen recently, some people here try real hard to connect the dots.

tryinghard

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:00 pm
amother wrote:
Different amother here, just the opposite, I get a lot of 'likes' and sometimes use amother for the post to be judged on its own merit rather than get 'liked' just because I wrote it. And like lots of other people I sometimes post as amother because I just had the same discussion w/ family or friends. I may not be the only person in the whole country looking for a gluten-free challah recipe, but as we've seen recently, some people here try real hard to connect the dots.

that is a privacy thing...

Marina - I personally love that you don't hide. No matter how unpopular what you have to say might be, you are brave and out there...

Hatemywig

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:01 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:

Amother here.

Nobody likes me, everybody hates me,
I think I'll go eat worms!
Big fat juicy ones,
Eensie weensy squeensy ones,
See how they wiggle and squirm!
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Oh how they wiggle and squirm!
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice,
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow,
On worms three times a day!
Big fat juicy ones,

This song was originally posted at:
http://bussongs.com/songs/nobo.....obody likes me, everybody hates me,
Big fat juicy ones,
Down goes the first one, down goes the second one,
Up comes the first one, up comes the second one,
I bite off the heads, and suck out the juice,
And throw the skins away!
Nobody knows how fat I grow,
On worms three times a day!
Big fat juicy ones,

This song was originally posted at:
http://bussongs.com/songs/nobo.....tube]

joss3

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:02 pm
Im a newbie here so this might be irrelevant, but I post amother when I have personal details about my life that I don't want people I know IRL to know about. Anything I wouldn't share with my neighbor doesn't get shared under my name. In case someone figures it out I guess.
Is that wrong?

tryinghard

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:06 pm
joss3 wrote:
Im a newbie here so this might be irrelevant, but I post amother when I have personal details about my life that I don't want people I know IRL to know about. Anything I wouldn't share with my neighbor doesn't get shared under my name. In case someone figures it out I guess.
Is that wrong?

That's mostly the point of amother. It's just that some people start using it to say, "I went to the grocery store last week" or "I think husbands need to take out the trash" or "the color blue doesn't go in a kitchen". Of course all this is besides for actual abuse of amother, which is using it to bash other people without sullying your precious SN.

greenfire

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:20 pm
I am more likely to enjoy a post if I can attach a screename to it - any screename

you never know whom your secret admirers are

try it - you might feel better about yourself and get more responses in the same note

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:30 pm
marina wrote:
I agree with OP. I very often think that my point would be better accepted if I posted anonymously. People, at least some, see my username and start screaming and tearing out their hair. They sometimes don't even bother reading what I wrote.

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

Marina you could've written as amother and I would guess it's you. Love your word choice. Don't always agree with the content, if we're being honest here. Love to read your voice!

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Dec 14 2014, 8:51 pm
marina wrote:

Marina, I also don't always agree with what you post, but I love reading your posts. I really admire that you stand up for yourself when you believe that you're right, when you see that you're wrong you acknowledge it right away. You posts are well thought out and very articulate. I'd rather read such a post than a post saying "you're wrong because I think you're wrong" even if I agree with that post.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics