Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need to lose 100 pounds

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 10:14 am
I just don't know how. I've had the lapband and a revision and successfully kept a lot of weight off for a long time but gained most of it back and the band isn't working anymore so I'm not going to play with it any longer or I risk making it worse. I also have a hard time eating healthy because fruits and veggies give me a stomach ache etc. I'm at a loss for where to start. I have a crazy work schedule which makes it even harder. Any suggestions? Are there any easy diets that actually work? (By easy I mean don't need lots of prep with food). What should I do??

scrltfr

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:00 am
Instead of skipping a meal eat a protein bar? It helps me not binge when I'm hungry. I love the nugo dark ones. They are ou parve.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:03 am
I have lots of success with HCG.

I make a big soup once a week with the veggies and chicken I am allowed and and that way I always have something hot to eat.

during the day I eat cottage cheese and fruit. no preparation involved.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 11:06 am
amother wrote:
I have lots of success with HCG.

I make a big soup once a week with the veggies and chicken I am allowed and and that way I always have something hot to eat.

during the day I eat cottage cheese and fruit. no preparation involved.

I used to have non fat cottage cheese on toast sprinkled with scallions as my substitute for grilled cheese on Suzanne Sommers (I was quite successful with that years ago). But that is hard to do when I leave the house 5am and come home at 8pm. I've tried non fat greek yogurt with fruit and even when I get it backed for some reason I can never bring myself to eat it at work.
About the protein bars I find that it just makes me have more calories overall during the day.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:37 pm
do you know what HCG is?

Is is a very calorie restricted diet that you do for 3-6 weeks at a time and then do 6 weeks of maintenance.

you can lose between .5-1 pound a day if you never cheat.

because of the HCG you are taking, you feel no hunger after a few days.

it is very easy to follow and if done right does not require any preparation. if you are not into cottage cheese, you can boil eggs every few days and grab that with a few cucumbers instead.

if you need to lose 100 pounds but don't have time for food prep and exercise, this can be a pretty fast way to do it.

if you are interested, go to trimyouspray.com and read about it.

I was on it and lost 45 pounds and plan to lose another 50 over the next year.

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:
do you know what HCG is?

Is is a very calorie restricted diet that you do for 3-6 weeks at a time and then do 6 weeks of maintenance.

you can lose between .5-1 pound a day if you never cheat.

because of the HCG you are taking, you feel no hunger after a few days.

it is very easy to follow and if done right does not require any preparation. if you are not into cottage cheese, you can boil eggs every few days and grab that with a few cucumbers instead.

if you need to lose 100 pounds but don't have time for food prep and exercise, this can be a pretty fast way to do it.

if you are interested, go to trimyouspray.com and read about it.

I was on it and lost 45 pounds and plan to lose another 50 over the next year.

Ya I've tried HCG it's not for me. Of course you lose tons of weight you don't eat anything!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 2:32 pm
You need to get to the root of the problem. I also need to lose weight, have no success. I just started reading " intuitive eating" and "breaking free from emotional eating" they have been eye openers for me.

octopus

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 3:28 pm
wow you are working really long hours. no wonder you have no time for food prep!

here are my 2 lazy foods when I'm too tired to prep:

bag of baby carrots and some cheese
instant oatmeal (you can microwave in water or milk. or if you have a hot water urn just pour in hot water and you can add milk or a bit of sugar if you like. oatmeal is very filling.)

you can make a vegetable sandwich- no filling, just veggies inside. but make sure the bread you are using is really whole wheat and no sugar added.

stay away from takeout food like the plague.

Liebs

Post Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:13 pm
Feel for you OP, I need to lose 75 Sad and feel hopeless.
I like idea of intuitive eating but haven't had enough guidance and don't know how to stick to it when I emotionally want to eat.
anyone here have success ans lost with that approach?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise