Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Shadows under eyes

Tefila

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:34 pm
A couple of my kids have black shadows under their eyes, I thought coz of late nights. But someone told me to check for allergys Confused Anyone Question

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:36 pm
add a lot of apples into their diet -
as per my father

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:38 pm
my kids have it too. what does allergies have to do with it?

Sunshine

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 1:39 pm
I always have it sometimes worse than others and it isn't only when I am tired though it does get darker then. I don't think mine are from allergies but you never know. Once I tried getting makeup to cover it up and it made it look 1,000 times worse, like s/o punched me in the eye. So, I go the "natural" way, oh well, nothing I can do about it.

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 2:13 pm
I have the shadows, too, and so do a lot of ppl. and kids. no clue what it's from- only reason I've heard is lack of sleep. I once went to one of those makeup counters in the dept. stores for a "makeover" and told her to concentrate on making my eyes look better and she made the shadows look much better! so, sunshine, you could prob. find out from a prof. make-up person what to do. (but they'll prob. tell you to buy $100 worth of stuff to get the "best" results)

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 2:19 pm
it's vitamin defficiency (which can also cause allergies, as your body doesn't have engouh 'fuel' to function properly)

Stock up on apples, girls!

My father is very allergic to almost everything, so if it was b/c of allergies, he would know.

proudmom

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 2:26 pm
Quote:
Stock up on apples, girls!

why apples fom everything else?

Sunshine

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 2:40 pm
I take a mulivitamin everday. Which vitamin whould one be lacking? Also, why apples? I did go to a makeup counter and when she put it on(we tried a ton of diff shades) they all made it look worse. We both agreed(she was very honest about it) that it looked better to go w/o any. I also thought I would get talked into a million things that cost a lot of $ but now I know nothing helps makeup wise, at least me personally. Oh well.

ForeverYoung

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 3:07 pm
Quote:
why apples

b/c my father said so
I know it sounds funny & unreasonable, but it helpes my kids
& my father usually knows what he's talking about 8)

happyduck

Post Thu, Feb 17 2005, 7:07 pm
dark circles around the eyes is also a symptom of dehydration.

proudmom

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 3:37 pm
very interesting. I never heard of that before either.

Rivk

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 5:41 pm
It's called an "allergic shiner". It is different then just having dark circles under the eye from lack of sleep. I think that people that have seasonal allergies are congested and that causes restricted blood flow to the eye area.

stem

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 6:05 pm
I always have dark circles under my eyes, I always did. Rivk, did you do research about this? I didn't realize that I could be allergic to something, or be lacking vitamins.

Rivk

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 7:25 pm
No, I didn't do research on this specifically, but I did research about my son's milk allergy and found out loads more about lots of other allergies too!

rydys

Post Wed, Apr 13 2005, 7:37 pm
There are certain physical characteristics common to many children with allergies. These include long eyelashes, dark circles under the eyes and upturned noses. Most pediatricians I know can pick out children who are likely to be allergic just by looking at them.

This does not mean that every allergic child will have these characteristics, nor that every child with these features is allergic. However, in general, these features go with allergies.

I've never heard of vitamin deficiencies--which vitamin is it?

Rivk

Post Thu, Apr 14 2005, 12:27 pm
ryds - have you found that most children/ people with allergies have type O blood? Just curious - I read that somewhere.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics