Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
Iso recipe for soup vegetables-but not soup

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 5:17 pm
I bought a container of chopped vegetables so that I could quickly make a vegetable soup, but then my parents just brought over fresh soup. Any ideas for the chopped vegetables (aside from making a soup and freezing it)? Any ideas about how long you can keep chopped vegetables in the fridge? Thanks!

MagentaYenta

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 5:30 pm
What kind of veggies? Are they those diced mirepoix in the plastic containers like Trader Joes sells?

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:08 pm
They're just regular vegetable soup vegetables. It doesn'the say on the container, but I think carrots, onions, celery, parsnip, turnip, and zuchini

yaelinIN

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:12 pm
How about Honey-Balsamic Vinegar Veggies. Just like it says, honey, blasmaic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic (or garlic powder) and those veggies. Bake at 350 until carmelized and soft.

newmammy

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:16 pm
I'd say that you can just drizzle with a little oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. You can then roast in the oven at 350 until they are cooked through - time depends on what size the pieces are.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:18 pm
You can make a chicken pot pie, use for meat sauce, saute for stuffing, etc.

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:21 pm
Thanks for all the ideas! Ra_mom, do you have a recipe for chicKen pot pie? Also, do you know if it freezes well (tomorrow night is pizza night, then is Shabbos, etc), thanks!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:27 pm
blueberrypie wrote:
Thanks for all the ideas! Ra_mom, do you have a recipe for chicKen pot pie? Also, do you know if it freezes well (tomorrow night is pizza night, then is Shabbos, etc), thanks!
I like this, you can improvise, use the veggies that you have, use precooked chicken that you just cube up, make a quick pastry dough, etc. It should freeze fine.
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....68646

And you can definitely keep the cut up veggies in the fridge the way they are for 2 days.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 18 2018, 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

blueberrypie

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 6:32 pm
Thanks ra_mom, it's perfect, I can get the chicken from my soup tomorrow (and then I don't have to worry about throwing out the chicken from the soup when it's not finished!)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics