Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
RBS A Aliya Transition Apartment needed !!! June 2015

helimum

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:36 am
We are going through the logistics of our move and because of our specific circumstances we have decided that the only sensible thing for us to do would be rent a short term furnished rental. I can't go into the details but there are lots of extra things going on in our life that means that we have been told we would be crazy to land into an unfurnished apartment whilst waiting for our lift to arrive.

Anybody know of anyone who is going away then ( late May/early June) and would consider subletting their apartment ?

Or we need a 3 bedroom apartment for a REASONABLE rent ( in RBS Aleph) for roughly 1-2 months , we are happy to pay higher than the going rental rate but not double which is what we have been offerred.
Any ideas, leads etc would be amazing ....!!! We have references in RBS who can vouch for us both kashrus wise and in terms of looking after the apartment.

Thanks ... here's hoping imamother will once again be the place to help sort this out. Very Happy

btw I have been through all the leads of people who post on the RBS list ..... they want equivalent of 9/10000nis+ for the month!! Very Happy

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:38 am
Why dont you post this on the rbs list serve (I think its a yahoo group) Im sure peoplle actually living there would be able to help you out a lot.
Good luck with your move.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 11:13 am
How big an apartment?

I think furnished rentals are more expensive. We pay 6000 NIS for a unfurnished 6 room duplex (3 bedrooms upstairs, salon/dining and two small rooms downstairs).

We managed for 6 weeks with a folding table and chairs until our lift came. We bought bunk beds for our kids, which had an extra trundle bed - so there were two extra beds - one for me and one for DH. it wasn't the best but we managed until our lift arrived.

Sewsew_mom

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 1:43 pm
People charge more for furnished. As annoying as it is its reality. You do have to realize your using their things.. Things get damaged. Why shouldn't they charge more? I once sublet my apt for sukkos and it was a disaster. Kid peed in my bed and they didn't tell me and it had a huge mark on it when I tried to sell it I had to lower my price drastically. Also their child chewed on my crib and left really bad marks so that also had lower value when I had to sell. Things happen. That's why they charge more..
Good luck

kalsee

Post Sat, Jan 17 2015, 10:28 pm
How many people?

Simcha36

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:15 am
its a big hassle and wear and tear, and not so worthwhile for a landlord to take in someone for short term.

Double in my opinion is reasonable, and may still not worth it for landlord.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 11:18 am
This thread is five years old.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions