Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Driver in israel

frog

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 1:40 pm
we are going to israel in June. I have two babies (2 and 1). does anyone know a driver who has carseats for the kids and can meet us in airport and take us to jerusalem?

withhumor

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:48 pm
Good luck finding a PRIVATE munit (taxi)! We had to schlep with our luggage in a shared-taxi, supposedly everyone does it because the rate is less, why not! But then we ended up being one before the last drop off and I didn’t know if my sheitel was on the front-side-back of my head anymore by the time I plopped into the pita-mattress-bed… after trying in vain to make a shower because the water never turned hot… because I didn’t know you had to turn on the heater with that red switch…you can stop laughing now.

SouthernShalom

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 3:57 pm
If you decide to rent a car. Make sure you have all reservations in writing. My DH went last month and the rental car co. jerked him arround.
He made reservations here over the phone and online. Spoke to them to confim and they withdrew the full ammount from our account. Got there and they said they needed the reservation on paper and the co. in America didn't fax it etc. etc. They wanted an extra $800 dollar deposit.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 4:07 pm
maybe you could pay someone with a car who you trust ... don't ask who ... do you know anyone is Israel ...

Squash

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 4:12 pm
withhumor wrote:
Good luck finding a PRIVATE munit (taxi)! We had to schlep with our luggage in a shared-taxi, supposedly everyone does it because the rate is less, why not! But then we ended up being one before the last drop off and I didn’t know if my sheitel was on the front-side-back of my head anymore by the time I plopped into the pita-mattress-bed… after trying in vain to make a shower because the water never turned hot… because I didn’t know you had to turn on the heater with that red switch…you can stop laughing now.

I'm honestly trying to....... but I can't! Rolling Laughter

And yes, thank you, to the offer of hot choco.

greenfire

Post Wed, Apr 11 2007, 4:16 pm
sorry withhumor I forgot to laugh ... it all sounded so normal to me ... an upsidedown sheitel ... not knowing how a foreign country works ... Nervous Rolling Laughter Scratching Head

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 4:27 am
frog wrote:
we are going to israel in June. I have two babies (2 and 1). does anyone know a driver who has carseats for the kids and can meet us in airport and take us to jerusalem?

a private taxi from the airport to yerushaliyim will be pretty expensive, probably somewhere around 200 shekels or more........just wanted to let you know that cost.......

lotte

Post Fri, Apr 13 2007, 5:35 am
If you want real VIP service I have a great experienced driver.a brand new mercedes-2 cell phones in the back seat,excellent air con etc...let me know if you want his number-warning:it is not cheap at all.
If you wanna go VIP all the way-call Laufer in advance-they come to the plane to pick you up-they take you to a special no wait-passport check-they pick up your laguage for you while you sit in the club and drink...and they put all your stuff into a taxi-worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics