Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Schools in Northeast Philadelphia

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 7:52 pm
We are considering moving to Northeast Philadelphia and need info on the schools there. I know politz is the main one. Are there any others? Do they offer support for a kid that needs a little more help/ld? What about special ed? If our kids have special education needs, should we just knock northeast Philadelphia off our list of places we are considering?

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 8:07 pm
I cannot tell you exactly what help Politz does or does not give and you don't give any details on your child's level of needs, but I can tell you emphatically that if you think your child may require services from the public system, you should not live in the city of Philadelphia. Live in Cherry Hill. Live in Lower Merion. (NJ is generally regarded to have a higher level of services, but in my experience that is not 100% true.)

But do not live in Philadelphia.

amother

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 8:21 pm
Politz has MANY options for children with diverse needs. My child has a schedule individualized for his needs, and he is not the only one. If you live within driving distance you should make an appointment to go and visit. They will know which services you can get depending where you live.

amother

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 7:53 am
@Amother above I'm surprised, is the individualized learning schedule a new thing. I am someone who used to send to Politz and found they cared a lot but didn't necessarily cater to differences. However, I haven't lived there in a few years. What changed?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating