Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Unethical - coworker turning parents against boss...

livalittle

Post Thu, Mar 08 2007, 1:24 pm
I work in pre-school. My co-worker is an older woman, old-school style, I'm her assitant in the morn. Our directors are not very involved and are not on site. She wants a raise. She has her anger probs and emotional baggage too. She has all the parents wrapped around her finger. I knew she was riling up the parents a bit to speak to the director to give her a raise. Now I found out she started a petition for a raise. And today I heard her speaking against the director to another parent. She's going to destroy the school - the parents won't send their children back if she won't come back and that's conditional to her raise. What she's doing is wrong - 100 percent unethical - as much as you hate your boss, you dont turn others against his\her institution. do I have a responsibility to shed light onto the prob to my boss? She needs to be stopped! She won't listen to us.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Mar 18 2007, 3:12 pm
this soundsd like a very immature, unproffesional group of parents. Will it be stopped if u say something or will all those parents turn agianst u as well and she will still do her thing?

Hannah!

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 7:53 am
edit

Last edited by Hannah! on Tue, May 06 2008, 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 8:02 am
If this teacher has as much influence as she seems to have then I would be careful about what you do. This sounds like the kind of person who would not hesitate to make you look like the bad one saying that you are sidewinding her to the boss to get her job. She would influence the parents and other staff members against you. You could end up in a very uncomfortable situation where you might end up having to leave or be asked to leave the job. All I am saying is to think this trough very carefully and be very careful.

momof6

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 8:39 am
brooklyn wrote:
If this teacher has as much influence as she seems to have then I would be careful about what you do... leave or be asked to leave the job. All I am saying is to think this trough very carefully and be very careful.

I respectfully dissagree! Ask a Rav and I suspect that he will tell you to let your boss know. Do the right thing!

brooklyn

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 8:46 am
If you are going to quote me then quote me completely, don't edit it to suit what you want to say. I didn't say that she should do nothing and leave the job. I told her that if she decides to speak to the boss she should be careful about how she does it and that there might br repercussions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics