Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing
What costumes are you making? (Please post pix!)

Iymnok

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 3:39 am
Growing up my mother always sewed or costumes for us. Now I am doing it for my kids. No exciting creativity. This year we have a queen, a kallah, a Rebbe and a Yerushalmi.
What are you creating?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 7:31 am
I've made mr. Potato head, fish (for a baby),watering can(when sibling was a bought flower), bubblegum machines,
That's what I remember now

Chayalle

Post Thu, Feb 12 2015, 11:12 am
When my teens were little I sewed them some adorable costumes for Purim.

One year I made them both kallah gowns. Because it's often cold here on Purim, I sewed the actual dress out of a cozy white fleece, which I covered with white lace - sewed both layers together. The result was adorable - you saw a white lace Kallah gown, but it was warm. I also sewed silver rick-rack as trim on the seeems, to make it a bit glitzy. For the headpiece, I bought silver tiaras and glued white lace to it, with the same silver rick-rack.

Another year they were colonial girls. I bought a solid blue fabric and a matching blue gingham and made them each the reverse costume - one solid blue puffy dress with a gingham over-dress, and one gingham puffy dress with a solid blue over-dress. The cutest part was I made them blue gingham bonnets from a pattern - I still have them. They are the real old-fashioned holly-hobby type of look, with a wide brim and long strings (think Laura Ingalls dangling her bonnet.....)

One year they were maids - that was easy - white bonnets and white aprons, worn over black. Another year they were coffee shop girls - we gave a coffee-themed Shalach Manos (usually I'm not into themes though - that was the year I was pg with my little one and it was easier doing bought items) and I bought a fabric that had different types of coffee mugs on them and sewed them Aprons, which they wore over brown skirts and tops, and they had their hair in buns.....

My sister's kids were Amish one year - she bought the hats in Amishtown, and I sewed grey dresses for them.

This year they want to be Things 1, 2, and 3. I'm just buying them sweatshirts and we'll make the iron-on ourselves, and blue wigs of course.

All of my costumes have been borrowed by my friends....some have still survived.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Needlework and Sewing