Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Zuckermans playgroup in flatbush

amother

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 6:08 am
looking for info-
anyone sending there this year/has sent there in the past?
thanks!

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 11:31 am
im not op, but bump

doctorima

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 1:19 pm
Never heard of it. Where is it, and for what ages?

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:04 pm
I only sent there in the summer and had gotten good reviews before I did.
A few things bothered me but they may not bother you.
She always came to the door and never let any adults inside. it could be if you asked to see the place in advance she would let but being that it was the summer and I knew the people recommending it I didn't go see it in advance. I found it odd the first day when I wanted to take dc inside she didn't let.
She had alot of teen assistants. I mean like 4 or 5. It made me wonder if she was involved or did her own thing and kind of just supervised.
Dc was not too verbal at the time so I couldn't ask and I didn't bother asking her because it was just for the summer and I viewed it as glorified babysitting. If it would've been all year I would've done more research and asked more questions when I saw what was going on.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:26 pm
thanks amother for your response. you sound just like me, Im such a nervous mother, always suspicious... Thats the reason I dont like basement groups to begin with, but I don't have too many other affordable options. Do you know of anything else for 3 yr olds in that area? TIA

Beach Bum

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:49 pm
I sent my daughter last year and was pretty happy there. Obviously every place has its plusses and minuses, but she is a sweet lady who really seems to enjoy the kids. My daughter was always happy to go and she always left happy. They sang, dances, read stories, colored, played, etc...

amother

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 3:25 pm
amother wrote:
thanks amother for your response. you sound just like me, Im such a nervous mother, always suspicious... Thats the reason I dont like basement groups to begin with, but I don't have too many other affordable options. Do you know of anything else for 3 yr olds in that area? TIA

For the school year I sent to BYA. Did you look into that? They were comparable in price to most backyard playgroups for that age.

solo

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 4:48 pm
I looked into it and didn't send there. Sounds like she had a specific routine and expectations for kids to keep up follow directions ... I wanted something more laid back. Was also told that she implements "time out very often. So I guess it's for a kid with a stricter home environment than mine

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:01 pm
Thanks everyone for responding. Has anyone else sent there? Im getting such mixed reviews

amother

Post Wed, Feb 25 2015, 7:15 pm
I live in the neighborhood. She is a very nice lady. People love her!! I have never sent to her because either my child's birthday wan't at the time of her age group, meaning too young or too old. Also, she finishes at 2. I needed an option for longer hours.
My child is in BYA now. Third child I am sending there. There is a new teacher. Morah Chana Leah and she is amazing! lunch and snacks are provided!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics