Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing my glasses

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:06 pm
So my new glasses are a reality B"H. I can finally read road signs, and recognize people again. Tongue Out

Any ideas how to keep them from vanishing like my last pair? The last time I saw those was during the week before Pesach. I thought that they must have been locked up in any one of the innumerable drawers, rooms or closets that got closed up for Pesach, but they have not reaapeared. I needed a new prescription anyway.

My kids tell me I should have a beeper locater attached to it, like our cordless phones Very Happy Does anyone know if this technology exists? I keep taking them off when doing close work like sewing, reading, washing dishes, which is why they are so prone to disappearing.

Ideas please Help

Crayon210

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:09 pm
The technology does exist.

If I'm wearing a shaitel, I'll put my glasses on my head.

Trickier with a snood or scarf...I'll tuck then into the front of my shirt (which I guess looks dorky, but it works).

su7kids

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:10 pm
a string around your neck?

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:38 pm
I think the sharper image has something like that to track keys, etc. - it comes with three chips that are activated by clapping or some such.

TzenaRena

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 3:53 pm
Where do they sell these items (strings, tracking chips)?

Crayon210

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 6:47 pm
http://astore.amazon.com/infli.....9XBJQ

Crayon210

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 6:48 pm
http://astore.amazon.com/infli.....9XBJQ

chen

Post Wed, Apr 18 2007, 7:00 pm
any optometry store will have those string things with little loops on the ends to go over the temple pieces. some will have beaded chains that do the same thing. they look very spinster librarian but hey, it's better than not being able to see.

Shimmysmom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 3:29 pm
I say just train yourself to always put them down in the exact same place even if it is an inconvenience- after a while it will become second nature and you won't loose them anymore. this has worked for me.

mumoo

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 6:36 pm
chen wrote:
any optometry store will have those string things with little loops on the ends to go over the temple pieces. some will have beaded chains that do the same thing. they look very spinster librarian but hey, it's better than not being able to see.

dd and I bought eyeglass strings for her and my friend who was hosting us in NJ. they were cords, not chains, assorted colors and pretty hip looking. got then at the shop rite for 99cents.

my friend said they were great for her reading glasses, that go on and off all day.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 6:59 pm
Shimmysmom wrote:
I say just train yourself to always put them down in the exact same place even if it is an inconvenience- after a while it will become second nature and you won't loose them anymore. this has worked for me.

hey me too ... this is exactly what I was gonna say ... and buy an eyeglass holder for them or the case it came in and you will always remember to put them there ... my one exception is when I take a shower they are in the bathroom ... otherwise always on my vanity ... but really they are mostly on my nose ... and the string idea is good for s/o who takes them off constantly
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics