Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
Nobody toilet trained?
1  2  Next

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 2:38 pm
All mine are - they toilet-trained themselves - all 4 - had sensitive skin and hated diapers. Made my life sooo easy - in this area at least

mtb18

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 3:53 pm
How old were they when they toilet trained themselves? My 22 month old tells me every time she makes in her diaper, but refuses to sit on the toilet, and if I get her to sit on a potty, she won't make until she stands up or I put another diaper on her.

amother

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 4:17 pm
I guess shes not ready then...... its cute my 22 month old also tells me.

Esther01

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 4:34 pm
I find that the best age (for girls) is about 2 to 2 1/2.
I trained one of mine earlier and then she regressed. I waited till she was 2 and 4 months and it went 1,2,3.

my other two dd I waited till they were at least 2 and it went also very easily and quicly b'h.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 6:54 pm
1 1/2 - 2 yrs - just focus on them a whole week and bring the to bathroom before they go to bed and before you go to bed and never give them water/liquids before bed. I also used to dance with them after they made - it was our proud of you cause you made a pp or poopy in the potty dance.

cindy324

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 8:09 pm
My DD is 2 and 3 months . She'll squat down in the corner and tell me "I make", but when I say come let's go quick to the toilet like a big girl, she absolutely refuses. She has no interest whatsoever in going to the bathroom.

dr pepper

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 8:18 pm
cindy324 wrote:
My DD is 2 and 3 months . She'll squat down in the corner and tell me "I make", but when I say come let's go quick to the toilet like a big girl, she absolutely refuses. She has no interest whatsoever in going to the bathroom.

LOL, sounds like my DD. Except she's a few months shy of 2 and doesn't really say much yet, so when she comes out from the corner, or from behind the rocking chair- wherever, she yells "Ewwwww!"

I tried putting the potty in her corner, but she just found a new spot.

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 26 2006, 8:35 pm
did you buy any pull-ups? they were new w/my kids only my last kid used them but for the nighttime while I trained her. Or maybe go shopping and buy pretty panties with them. Those training underpants are too ridiculously thick and wet is wet if you ask me. Good luck with them - oh and boys are a little later in training than girls in general.

S.Shcwartz

Post Wed, Dec 27 2006, 11:27 am
Quote:
oh and boys are a little later in training than girls in general.

Tell me about it!!!
My son is 2-1/2. We tried like a hundred times (he initiated) but it didnt work out. He has winter vacation next wk Thurs and Fri, so we'll try again on the weekend. I have another baby in diapers and...I'm sick of it Exclamation
any tips with the boys? Rolling Eyes

amother

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 10:26 am
S.Shcwartz wrote:
Quote:

Tell me about it!!!
My son is 2-1/2. We tried like a hundred times (he initiated) but it didnt work out. He has winter vacation next wk Thurs and Fri, so we'll try again on the weekend. I have another baby in diapers and...I'm sick of it Exclamation

My son is 3.10 and only now started being trained in the day (and he still asks for a pull-up if he has a bowel movement). At least he won't be in diapers at 4... Wink

el2cg

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 10:52 am
my son is gonna be 3 this week, and only goes when told. he poops in his underwear/ pullups! he never did that in the bowl! I've been toilet training 4ever!

Coke Slurpee

Post Mon, Jan 01 2007, 11:05 am
For those boys who aren't toilet trained before 3, what do you do about yeshiva. Do you not send them for nursery or start in the middle of the year.

My son is almost 2 and a half and I know I have to start him. He takes off his diaper whenever he feels like it inside/ outside, whatever. It drives me crazy.

abemom2

Post Mon, Mar 26 2007, 11:12 pm
What do you do regarding Tzitzis for a boy past upshernish, who isn't trained? I know of people who don't put Tzitzis with diapers... So they work really hard a few months earlier, that the kid should be trained.

mimivan

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 12:00 am
S.Shcwartz wrote:
Quote:

Tell me about it!!!

I was desperate with my son and tzitzit, so, after having tried everything, I stripped him bare (summer) and put a potty in the room. My rebbetzin said this was what she did. It really worked, but they need to be watched like a hawk. It can take 3-5 days this way.

mimivan

Post Tue, Mar 27 2007, 12:02 am
abemom2 wrote:
What do you do regarding Tzitzis for a boy past upshernish, who isn't trained? I know of people who don't put Tzitzis with diapers... So they work really hard a few months earlier, that the kid should be trained.

My Rav said that if a boy is very slow to train and he is 3 already, to put the tzitzit on with a beracha in the morning and take them off. Tell him he can wear the tzitzit all day like his Abba once he's trained. My rav also said not to delay the Upshernish.

zigi

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 8:07 pm
so boys take a much longer time! this is good to know because it is taking forever with my ds. b"h he is trained halfway. #2 is still a problem he only goes in the diaper during nap time. he is more willing to try if I don't make big deal about it. but it is pretty rare. good luck to every one.

yersp

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 8:12 pm
my son is 19 months old and I see such a difference btwn him and my daughter when she was this age. My daughter was talking more and very willing to use the bathroom. My sonny boy just sits on the toilet and flushes. I don't think he chaps the concept. I guess I'll wait a little while longer and buy a potty and hopefully by 2 he'll be sort of starting. Wish me luck!

NotInNJMommy

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 8:46 pm
DS just turned 2, and I'm realizing I can't imagine him ever being out of diapers...

But my MIL also told me she thought my dh was going to go to college in diapers, but B"H by 3-4 he must have gotten it figured out....well, for sure by 27 when we met Wink

MyKidsRQte

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 9:55 pm
My daughter will be 2 in July, IY"H. since I am most likely going to go to the country for the summer, I won't even start thinking about training her until after the summer

ltlesmartmom

Post Thu, Apr 19 2007, 10:33 pm
DD asked for bathroom when she was almost 18 months. It took a week and half untill she was perfect but Bli Ain Hara BH We are done with that. Atnight she still wets. I guess for that we have some time....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training