Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Megilla Readings in Monsey

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:57 am
How can I find out about megilla readings in Monsey? I'm looking for the earliest readings.

Thanks

(Anon because of location)

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:30 pm
Bump

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 2:37 pm
I think that Salka (on Francis corner Morris) has a reading around 6isham.... You may have to cover your shaitel though so find out about that.

ez-pass

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:14 pm
Rabbi bush shul on east willow tree has a 6:25 am I believem

ez-pass

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:15 pm

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
I think that Salka (on Francis corner Morris) has a reading around 6isham.... You may have to cover your shaitel though so find out about that.

NO YOU DON"T!!!! Seriously. Rolling Eyes

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 4:12 pm
I'm not sure what those caps or the rolling eyes are about. I guess you're amother because of location, but many shuls require you to cover your shaitel, especially in Monsey (and it doesn't make a difference if it's just for megilla or not because it's the shul's standard). I do not wear a covered shaitel FTR so it's not some bias....

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:41 pm
amother wrote:
NO YOU DON"T!!!! Seriously. Rolling Eyes

Are you familiar with the shul? I don't really know whom to ask about this...

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 9:42 pm
ez-pass wrote:

Thanks. Do you have a phone number?

ez-pass

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:31 pm
http://www.aywh.org/

This is their sight had all contact info.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
Are you familiar with the shul? I don't really know whom to ask about this...
yes, I actually heard megilla there last yr and, no need to cover wig

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 9:24 am
amother wrote:
yes, I actually heard megilla there last yr and, no need to cover wig

I never go covered, but would go covered in salka. A lot of people don't because they don't know better.... do they officially allow open shaitels or you just assumed it was not a problem? not bashing, just asking b/c it is really close to my house and I would consider going

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 9:43 am
amother wrote:
I never go covered, but would go covered in salka. A lot of people don't because they don't know better.... do they officially allow open shaitels or you just assumed it was not a problem? not bashing, just asking b/c it is really close to my house and I would consider going
I also live not far and that's why I was there last year. I do not and did not cover my shaitel. The only place in Monsey that I know of htat has a RULE that you cannot come in without a covering is viznitz. There are signs before you enter the veibel shul that you can only come in with a tichel. As for salka, it's possible that most women who go to that shul cover. But it's not a rule, and definitely not for megilla leining or a aufruf kiddush or some other gatherings that are not for the sake of davening.

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
I also live not far and that's why I was there last year. I do not and did not cover my shaitel. The only place in Monsey that I know of htat has a RULE that you cannot come in without a covering is viznitz. There are signs before you enter the veibel shul that you can only come in with a tichel. As for salka, it's possible that most women who go to that shul cover. But it's not a rule, and definitely not for megilla leining or a aufruf kiddush or some other gatherings that are not for the sake of davening.

vitznitz, satmar, pupa, shinev, belz all have rules and belz definitely has a sign which was suprising b/c belz in other cities do not have that rule. many other shul local shuls do as well even without a sign, but when I have attended an aufruf in salka I always went covered thanks for bringing it to my attention that I don't need to. most of the shuls in monsey require you to cover

amother

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 10:01 am
Rabbi Mendlowitz's shul is having megilla reading at 6:50 am. It's on Neil Road. I think it's 27 Neil Road.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics