Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Job - no College required, pays $50k after ten years

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 5:32 pm
Free training - Customer service job at call center, but only if the company relocates to Brooklyn.

Please click on this link and send message to company asking to relocate Call Centers to Brooklyn, New York.

http://www.fisglobal.com/about.....x.htm

Last edited by amother on Sun, Feb 07 2016, 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeanette

Post Sun, Mar 01 2015, 6:07 pm
Lots of if's in this little proposal...

IF the company relocates to Brooklyn, and IF you can stick it out for 10 years, AND the company doesn't decide to relocate again, AND it still exists in 10 years, THEN you can make $50K?

bluebird

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 7:34 am
How much will $50K get you in ten years, given inflation?

OneSource

Post Mon, Mar 02 2015, 10:50 am
That doesn't seem like a good deal at all! I know girls who didn't go to college and got customer service jobs at $21-$23 per hour and make around 50k per year now. Why wait 10 years?! Baffled... Rolling Eyes

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:55 am
OneSource wrote:
That doesn't seem like a good deal at all! I know girls who didn't go to college and got customer service jobs at $21-$23 per hour and make around 50k per year now. Why wait 10 years?! Baffled... Rolling Eyes

I'm against child labor, even if it pays well.

nywife

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:08 am
imasoftov wrote:
I'm against child labor, even if it pays well.

Child labor? These girls are usually straight out of high school so 18/19 years old...

OneSource

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:20 am
To the "child laborer" commenter - I sincerely hope you are joking. What makes you think I am referring to child labor?! The fact that I used the word "girls"? Excuse me if that speaks more to my age than a highly literal reference to a female child. For the strictly literal who need me to SPELL IT OUT - 18 and 19 year olds are the demographic I am referring to! Most 18 and 19 year olds (whom I know so that would mean IMO) are very much "girls" even if married and pregnant/ new mothers. They are immature in most senses and as such, seem like girls to me.

Thanks for taking an otherwise innocent thread and turning it into a ridiculous conversation about child labor (which comes from where? Who thinks about child labor in the context of jobs earning 50k per year? Maybe if the total salary was 5k for 40+ hrs per week, my mind might go there but otherwise…)

imasoftov

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 3:31 am
OneSource wrote:
To the "child laborer" commenter - I sincerely hope you are joking. What makes you think I am referring to child labor?! The fact that I used the word "girls"? Excuse me if that speaks more to my age than a highly literal reference to a female child. For the strictly literal who need me to SPELL IT OUT - 18 and 19 year olds are the demographic I am referring to! Most 18 and 19 year olds (whom I know so that would mean IMO) are very much "girls" even if married and pregnant/ new mothers. They are immature in most senses and as such, seem like girls to me.

Thanks for taking an otherwise innocent thread and turning it into a ridiculous conversation about child labor (which comes from where? Who thinks about child labor in the context of jobs earning 50k per year? Maybe if the total salary was 5k for 40+ hrs per week, my mind might go there but otherwise…)

I really don't care if my arrows miss the center of the target so long as they hit somewhere. And you're very welcome.

OneSource

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 8:05 am
"I really don't care if my arrows miss the center of the target so long as they hit somewhere."

Your comments hit somewhere alright - somewhere absurd in an otherwise semi-reasonable thread. I am not sure why you feel it necessary to shoot theoretical 'arrows' when someone (I.e. myself for example) chose to express an opinion that waiting ten years to earn 50k seems odd when a female (girl, woman etc.) can earn that much now. How about you express a legitimate opinion - such as, "No, I don't agree with someone earning x over x period..." or "I don't really have an opinion at all. I dislike global warming and child labor, generally speaking." Your comment (or "arrow") was rude and I am still wondering why you chose to attack my fairly banal opinion that we as a gender can earn more, now. Please, enlighten me with another 'arrow' which hopefully will have substance for a change.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:08 am
Chill. I took imasoftov comment lightly - a witty way to point out that anyone old enough to hold a job is no longer technically a girl.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics