Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
"May G-d Bless the State of Israel and may G-d bless the USA

southernbubby

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 11:56 am
Those were the concluding words of Bibi's speech (actually he said the United States of America). I lost track of the standing ovations and got very excited when Elie Wiesel stood up. Bibi was outstanding!!! He said that the Jews will never again be passive when attacked. Yay Bibi!! Got to love him...

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:02 pm
I was glad he mentioned the RBSh"O at some point. And I don't know if his ending reference to Moshe's message to B"Y in Devarim was in full context Confused
He speaks beautifully. He presented things clearly. He is a leader. But I was davening throughout, and punctuating it with be"H, etc., as the kochi v'otzem yadi just got worse and worse Sad
Maybe I shouldn't be saying this so soon....

rosehill

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 12:58 pm
There is a time and a place for everything.
Bibi is not the Chief Rabbi of Israel, nor is he our prophet. He is the elected leader of a democratic state, and it was in that capacity that he addressed the United States Congress.
He is a politician, carrying out a political task.
And I thought he did it very well, and was pleased to see a crowded room, and bipartisan support.
Now let's all daven that his words entered the appropriate hearts, and will have the desired effects.

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 1:38 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I was glad he mentioned the RBSh"O at some point. And I don't know if his ending reference to Moshe's message to B"Y in Devarim was in full context Confused
He speaks beautifully. He presented things clearly. He is a leader. But I was davening throughout, and punctuating it with be"H, etc., as the kochi v'otzem yadi just got worse and worse Sad
Maybe I shouldn't be saying this so soon....

I didn't hear that. He was there to discuss some real-world things. That wasn't a shiur. I was happy he brought in G-d, Moshe, and spoke words of Ivrit. He didn't have to do any of that, to cover what he was there to talk about. Without that, yes, it would have been too secular. But he did. As a religious Jew, I didn't feel left out. So I think that covered your concern. Just my take.

I am glad you were davening.

I think we all were, but you probably did a nicer job.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:49 pm
rosehill wrote:

Now let's all daven that his words entered the appropriate hearts, and will have the desired effects.

Yes and amein.
And thanks, Dolly.
You're all right. I still think it might have been possible. There's more I'm thinking but I'm not sure if I'll say.

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 4:58 pm
He was SO good! Proud of him Smile

Mevater

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 5:54 pm
I thought he was super. Unfortunately our pres seems not to like him too much. Neither does Nancy Pelosi, who was brought to tears by Netanyahu today, bec of his audacity of not having total trust in the Pres.

Pandabeer

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 5:57 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
I didn't hear that. He was there to discuss some real-world things. That wasn't a shiur. I was happy he brought in G-d, Moshe, and spoke words of Ivrit. He didn't have to do any of that, to cover what he was there to talk about. Without that, yes, it would have been too secular. But he did. As a religious Jew, I didn't feel left out. So I think that covered your concern. Just my take.

I am glad you were davening.

I think we all were, but you probably did a nicer job.

you're right he's not a Rabbi and wasn;t giving a hiur. But he represents himself as the leader and shliach of the Jewish people, Klal Yisroel Bringing in hashem is part of Yisroel

G-d bless America is also part of every American speaker, there's nothing to be happy about that

Last edited by Pandabeer on Tue, Mar 03 2015, 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 5:59 pm
For what it's worth, we don't need the leaders to like each other personally, as long as the job gets done. It would be nice, sure, but it's not devastating if they don't.

FDR liked Stalin, I've read. Personal charm or chemistry can't keep us allied a moment longer than strategically necessary for both parties.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Mar 03 2015, 7:28 pm
Pandabeer wrote:
you're right he's not a Rabbi and wasn;t giving a hiur. But he represents himself as the leader and shliach of the Jewish people, Klal Yisroel Bringing in hashem is part of Yisroel

G-d bless America is also part of every American speaker, there's nothing to be happy about that

No, I think it does count. And there's much to be said for his graciousness in the face of Obama's snubbing. (Maybe he did chazer P' Vayishlach on the plane Wink )
After some serious thought, I think one can express reservations and concerns, but I don't want to unduly bash or bring the PM down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics