Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Which brand of makeup do you use Pesach?

Basimcha

Post Thu, Mar 25 2010, 11:00 pm
Do you buy new makeup for Passover or you use the same one from all year long. Which brand is kosher for Pesach? I use Clinique during the year---anyone know if its good to use Pesach?

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 12:57 pm
no but if you pm me with your email address, I'll send you the kaj list

willow

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 12:59 pm
Is bare minerals ok? Thats all I have

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 1:17 pm
I use (and sell) products that are good for pesach and all year round. It is from a private cosmetics company that makeup artists and such use and sell.

busydev

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 1:29 pm
I use all my regular stuff. according to my rav the only thing that makes a difference is lipstick and that cant have chomatz. I just need to check it up. if its no good I go without- no biggy esp since it comes off by the time im done with soup

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 1:44 pm
Some stuff has oats in it.

Barbara

Post Fri, Mar 26 2010, 2:03 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Some stuff has oats in it.

According to CRC, all cosmetics, OTHER THAN LIPSTICK are OK. You should ensure that your lipstick doesn't have chametz.

http://www.kashrut.com/Passove.....d.pdf

I understand that many people are more conservative than that. Therefore, CYLOR.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Mar 27 2010, 4:04 pm
I'm very conservative, I'm still of the opinion that if it's not for eating it's not "kosher" or not. So is my dh. Or my rav.

nature

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 12:32 am
The issur of Chametz, unlike the issur of non kosher, is that on Pesach one may not own Chametz. that is why many people are particular even to the extent of makeup and pet food. one can serve one's pets Non-kosher food, but not chametz.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 12:35 am
Lancome and cmk are usually good. I would advise you to get a new lipstick and lipliner for sure even if the old one is still not used up.

cinnamon

Post Sun, Mar 28 2010, 1:07 am
I was also told that the only thing that needs to be klp is lipstick (and also that is a chumra) since makeup is not "raoy lema'achal kelev" (fit for a dog to eat)

turbomom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 10:44 pm
I get my lipsticks and liners that are kasher l'pesach from Debby Grossman, the makeup artist, she is so pleasant to deal with and will gladly give you the time to help you choose the right shade to update your look. I am usually running out the last minute and she is always so accomodating....you are really ahead of the game!

The Happy Wife

Post Mon, Mar 16 2015, 12:37 am
turbomom wrote:
I get my lipsticks and liners that are kasher l'pesach from Debby Grossman, the makeup artist, she is so pleasant to deal with and will gladly give you the time to help you choose the right shade to update your look. I am usually running out the last minute and she is always so accomodating....you are really ahead of the game!

Very ahead of the game! The OP started looking 5 years ago! Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics