Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
U.S. woman trapped in tub for 5 days

proudmom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 11:57 am
HAMPTON, Va. (AP) - A 75-year-old woman was trapped in her bathtub for five days before being rescued.

Jane Fromal suffered slight dehydration even though she said she ran tap water to drink during the ordeal. She was released Sunday after four days in hospital. Fromal said she drew a bath April 9 to nurse a sore tailbone, then was unable to climb out.

"I thought I'd get in the tub and soak," she said. "I didn't know I was going to soak for five days."

She finally got help Wednesday when a neighbour's grandson noticed newspapers piling up on her driveway and insisted his grandmother call Fromal's family. Relatives found Fromal in the bathroom.

After she was lifted to safety and donned a warm robe, Fromal didn't ask for food. She wanted a cigarette and a soda.

It wasn't the first time Fromal has been stuck in the bathtub, but her family plans to make sure it never happens again by adding railings and a tub chair.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 12:19 pm
Quote:
"I thought I'd get in the tub and soak," she said. "I didn't know I was going to soak for five days."

No kidding, gosh imagine that c"v happend to me eigther my kids as in plural or my husband would have to drag me out.... or maybe them all. Wink

Rivka

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 6:22 pm
Quote:
It wasn't the first time Fromal has been stuck in the bathtub, but her family plans to make sure it never happens again by adding railings and a tub chair.

Ok. So why didn't they do that last time? It makes sense if you have difficulty anyway getting up.
She was lucky she was in the bath and not stuck sitting on the toilet.

Tefila

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 8:19 pm
Quote:
She was lucky she was in the bath and not stuck sitting on the toilet

Whats the difference Rivka Confused

Motek

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 8:31 pm
well, for one thing, she might not have had access to drinking water, we wouldn't want her to get dehydrated now, would we?

8)

IndyMom

Post Tue, Apr 19 2005, 9:31 pm
I bruised my tailbone last Rosh hashana and it still hurts when I lie or sit directly on it. It is such a hard thing to heal. I really feel for that lady!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics